• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12volt conversion on a M416 trailer

Hey everyone,

Bare with my ignorance here please. I did a forum search on how to do a 12 volt lighting conversion on my M416 but couldn't find anything.

What I would like to do is change it out so I can tow it behind my civilian truck. I figure 12 volt bulbs won't be too much of an issue. Any suggestions on plugs/connectors between the trailer and truck???

Thank You all!!!

Chris

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Hi Chris, if you're only going to be towing it with a civilian truck then the way I'd do it would be to unplug the 12pin pigtail where it meets the harness underneath the cover on the a-frame. From there what I usually do is take a standard flat 4 pigtail and crimp on 3 military connectors and a ground eyelet and just plug it in. That way it's a clean install and easily changed back. You can get the Packard connectors online for a good price.

If you've got an m151 and want to keep the military plug on the trailer then I would make an adapter for your truck and bolt it to your pintle hook so you can plug right into either vehicle. I've got LED lights on my m416 so I don't need to change the bulbs either.

quickfarms

Bullet connectors plug into the military connectors.

Replace the military black out covers with the full red gamma goat covers

Another thing I like to do with these trailers, or any military vehicle that is operated at night is mount several feet of the reflective red and silver dot tape on a 2" wide magnetic strip so you are very visible at night

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks