• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

14.00 20 tires on a Bobbed Deuce?

Mark2X2

I have used the "search" to the best of my ability. Looked at the posts that came up on "similar threads" No luck. Looked quite a ways back in the Deuce mod forum. So I did make an effort.
Have a source for the old 14.00 20's off a 5 ton bridge trucks, $20 each with 5 ton rim.
Plan on making my M35A2 a "bobbed" truck. Will the 14.00 20's work on the stock 9.00 20 rims? Will the 14.00's work on the front of the Deuce? Would move the middle axle back some and have the drive shaft lengthened, to get clearance for the guard on the fuel tank and spare tire.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Mark

wehring

offset

The offset of your wheel will make or break your project. Look for wheels with the center plate in the middle of the wheel instead of on the outer edge.

A 0 offset (in the middle) also helps with steering because there is no scrub radius.

Justin

Mark2X2

FM5332FF,
Did you use the springs and hangers of a M105 trailer for the rear springs and hangers on your Bobbed Deuce? or the front springs off another truck?
Mark

FM5332FF

I used the springs and hangers off of another deuce. The bad thing about using the hangers from a 105 trailer is that it will move the springs to the side of the frame instead of having the springs under the frame like the front of the deuce. With the 105 spring hangers you will need to add about 3 inches of lift to the rear to have it level with the front. You can either re arch the springs or use a 3 inch block which many people shun aganst due to axle wrap.

Attachments

willey10

We bobbed one of the M35A2's did the front springs and shackles from a parts truck found some 1400x20 tires online had the wheels custom made , it came out fine. I wouldn't want to drive it all day, but fun to tool around in and lots of looks and WOW!!!s

Attachments

Billy Bobbed

When I bobbed my deuce, I used the M105 trailer springs.I took the over load springs and the bottom springs and added them together.Very nice ride,and the heighth came out right, no blocks.

Blood_of_Tyrants

The offset of your wheel will make or break your project. Look for wheels with the center plate in the middle of the wheel instead of on the outer edge.

A 0 offset (in the middle) also helps with steering because there is no scrub radius.

Justin
Where in the world do you find deuce wheels like that? If you have a source, let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks