• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

14.00-20's and M-105 bed--hub flip???

Bcurtman

I have the 14.00's mounted on my truck now, but I'm running the rear wheels dish in with the M-105 bed. I've read several posts saying there may be interference with the bed if you flip the rear hubs. I do have a 3" spacer between the frame and the bed. Will I be ok? Can anyone tell me the physical dimensional difference flipping the hubs makes? I have the 3" eight point socket on hand and I'm ready to go, but I'm not going to even start the hub flip if I'm gonna rub when done. I'd like the track to match front to rear, but I'm not cutting on my bed.

"getting closer to bob" shows my build. Thanks in advance for the advice. I'm hoping Hundy will chime in since he's put 14.00's on a bunch of them.

Bcurtman

Reyco air ride in the rear! I'm wondering if the 3" spacer between the frame and bed and running "level" will be adequate? If I knew the dimensional difference the hub flip makes, I think I can figure it out mathematically. Starting my airpak rebuild-right now!

eldgenb

I am not sure if I am giving you the answer you need but the interference problem is track width not the height of the truck, to make them fit the way you have them you will have to tub the bed and make new wheel wells to make them fit.

Bcurtman

I wondered if the track width was the issue or if you can get the bed high enough that the issue goes away. I have several folks answering both ways. Some say space the 105 bed up and you will be fine. Others say I have to re-tub the bed to make the 14.00s fit. Is anyone running 14.00's with a 105 bed and the rear hubs flipped with wheels dish out?

Attachments

Awesome Possum

I run 1100-20 Michelins and have the hubs flipped for running singles. I ran out and took a few pics for you. My bed sits on the original deuce wood (1" ?) and there is not alot of extra room in there, about 2" diagonally. You could raise the bed a couple of inches and trim the ends of the beams under the bed diagonally and it'd probably work. would be easier (for me anyways) than retubbing the wheel wells.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks