• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

14.00 vs 395 opinions wanted

Ddmk18

I have a m932a2 with a short bed it has Michelin xzl 14.00s. They are in great shape with 2012 date code. But I have been thinking of switching to 395 Goodyear mvt tires. I use the truck mostly on highway and dirt roads no mudding for me. It just seems the goodyears would have better highway ride and better traction in the snow. I would like to hear from people who actually have run the Goodyears and what they think of them.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I switched from the g177 duals to super singles with the mvt. I find the off road is light years better. Traction is much better! Not mudding, just dirt sandy clay unimproved roads. I really do not notice any difference on the interstate.

I also went with the mvt for the piece of mind with the higher speed rating. I am very impressed and like the mvt.

Ddmk18

Ok thanks guys. I like the higher top speed of them and the look. I was hoping a few more people had been running them. Now to decide wether or not to sell my 14.00 and buy some 395s.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a m932a2 with a short bed it has Michelin xzl 14.00s. They are in great shape with 2012 date code. But I have been thinking of switching to 395 Goodyear mvt tires. I use the truck mostly on highway and dirt roads no mudding for me. It just seems the goodyears would have better highway ride and better traction in the snow. I would like to hear from people who actually have run the Goodyears and what they think of them.

Those xzls are my first choice in tires. I see no advantage to be had taking off 2012 XZLs....

acme66

Those xzls are my first choice in tires. I see no advantage to be had taking off 2012 XZLs....
Man I wish I had XZLs. I am running the XL and they are loud, old and have terrible wear life. Count this as another vote for running what amounts to the cream of the crop but if you decide not to you should be able to sell them quickly. I would buy them but then I doubt we are close.

Ken