• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

14.00 x 20's keeping all three axles

Broke Down

I've been searching a little without a lot of luck, I was looking for some ideas to keep both rear axles without bobbing it. I've seen a few trucks done and love it, I guess my biggest question is what rear spring to use to make it all work.......work safely . If there are other threads I missed I apologize in advance. Thanks guys.

Broke Down

I'm hoping I could just go to a spring shop with a size and they could build it? I need to call our local spring guy and see maybe.

So this is needed:
Lengthen dog bones- I could do this easy
Two custom drive shafts will need to be made
Spring will need to be lengthened when I move the front axle
Tires, possibly wheels
Possibly modify brake lines and such
Depending on wheels used a possible hub flip

Trying to do my home work before I look like an idiot knee deep in a project that never gets done....haha. thanks guys, anyone have some pictures?

treessw

just get an 800 series 5 ton and single it up with the 1400x 20 off a m900 series 5 ton.not much difference, and less head aches
I agree with duece coupe, thats what I did with mine. The truck cost me $3100 the tires and wheels to single it out cost me another $1300. So now I have a seriously bad arse truck for a beer budget. Other than getting the tires put on its not hard to do. Just make sure you have a buddy to help, it definitly helps. Dont ask how I knowaua

Just be patient and dont rush into anything, make sure you do what you want and get the results your looking for.

EXPLICIT1

yes that is everything u have to do to fit 14.00x20s. we did one awhile back. I would suggest lifting it a little. tires look stuffed on a duece. iam considering doing it on a a3 now. we have a bobbed truck here now 8" lift on 53s but its way to big for everyday use. alot less work to run the 395s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks