• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

14.00 x 20's keeping all three axles

Broke Down

I've been searching a little without a lot of luck, I was looking for some ideas to keep both rear axles without bobbing it. I've seen a few trucks done and love it, I guess my biggest question is what rear spring to use to make it all work.......work safely . If there are other threads I missed I apologize in advance. Thanks guys.

Broke Down

I'm hoping I could just go to a spring shop with a size and they could build it? I need to call our local spring guy and see maybe.

So this is needed:
Lengthen dog bones- I could do this easy
Two custom drive shafts will need to be made
Spring will need to be lengthened when I move the front axle
Tires, possibly wheels
Possibly modify brake lines and such
Depending on wheels used a possible hub flip

Trying to do my home work before I look like an idiot knee deep in a project that never gets done....haha. thanks guys, anyone have some pictures?

treessw

just get an 800 series 5 ton and single it up with the 1400x 20 off a m900 series 5 ton.not much difference, and less head aches
I agree with duece coupe, thats what I did with mine. The truck cost me $3100 the tires and wheels to single it out cost me another $1300. So now I have a seriously bad arse truck for a beer budget. Other than getting the tires put on its not hard to do. Just make sure you have a buddy to help, it definitly helps. Dont ask how I knowaua

Just be patient and dont rush into anything, make sure you do what you want and get the results your looking for.

EXPLICIT1

yes that is everything u have to do to fit 14.00x20s. we did one awhile back. I would suggest lifting it a little. tires look stuffed on a duece. iam considering doing it on a a3 now. we have a bobbed truck here now 8" lift on 53s but its way to big for everyday use. alot less work to run the 395s.