• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

14 bolt parking brake lever

gingesquatch

Taking a shot in the dark here! So I recently got orders to AK, decided my tdi wasnt the right fit and traded it out to a friend for his CUCV. My dilemma; The parking brake needs to work in order for the Vehicle Processing Center to accept it. Ive got a pile of new parts with the exception of the RH brake lever! (14 bolt, 10.5) This lever is "Discontinued". I can't locate it from any vendor and any yard axle i take apart to harvest has been discarded! Short of making one Im asking anyone on here that has this illusive part to please sell it, trade, borrow, steal it for me! Thanks in advance for any help. Its #8 in the TM drawing for ref. Sorry for the dissertation.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$10 item on ebay, just google search the GM part number with "lever".

I have that and the complete drum and backing plate assamblys if you want them But since they are complete I dont plan on selling just one of the parts thats attached to the backing plate (lever as you call it) Will post pics if you are intersted in purchasing the parts im discribing...

it's the lever in the rear end. Not the backing plate or the shoes. The lever that pushes on the strut to engage the shoes against the drum.

Last edited:

cucvrus

I have one. Are you sure of which side you need? I think they are different from R & L. Iwill send it to you N/C if I am sure you know which one you need. Send me an address in a PM.

Mg84648

I have one. Are you sure of which side you need? I think they are different from R & L. Iwill send it to you N/C if I am sure you know which one you need. Send me an address in a PM.
Now that's what this site stands for right there! Well done Cucvrus Sir, well done.

cucvrus

I have 2 totes full of brake parts. I save things that are useable and discard things that have no use. I can probably put a few CUCV's together with the parts I have.

gingesquatch

You guys are amazing!! Just fyi You can get the left one from anyone. Every parts distributed will list the right one but follow that with a sceptical phone call will always find you straight out of luck! Gm # 15649194 Discontinued! Lol here a pic oF the left side!

Attachments

cucvrus

Now that's what this site stands for right there! Well done Cucvrus Sir, well done.
Sir I must bow out on this one. I went and looked I have lots of brake parts but do not have the Ebrake levers for the 1 ton trucks. I have a dozen for the M1009 but not a 1 for the 1 tons. I am sorry I failed you. I was confident that I have them. I guess I never had to throw any one ton rears on the scrap pile. Blazer rears I replaced over 50 of them in the past 20 years for sure. Remeber someone said that it was available on line auction site. Again I apologize.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks