• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

14 degrees this morning, fired up the deuce on video..

91W350

My old 1972 would fire easily in cold weather. When I sold it to another member and bought a different one, I just hoped it would do the same. While it never fires as fast as my 72 did, it is good about starting. It was slower this morning than it has been. I think part of it was the fuel being run by throttle cable instead of the foot pedal. I can give it more fuel by foot while starting. I was a little slow getting the cable shoved in and got more rpm for a second than I wanted when it took off.

Anyway, I enjoy watching the videos of them starting cold and decided to make one. The thermometer on the house read ten degrees, the weather channel said 14. Either way, I think it started pretty easily for being that cold and not have any heat. No block heater, no ether, no flame heater, no glow plugs or intake heater, just fuel and compression. Glen

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGYbT0T3YIc[/media]

rrrr

My 71 doesn't seem to mind the cold too much either. I have to put on the cold weather radiator cover to get it up to temp when it gets below 35F.

indy4x4fab

Banned
I'm thinking I need a deuce to drive to work each day, and seeing how the highest speed I hit (or the fastest posted speed limit it go threw) is 45mph for about 60 seconds and over a mile and a half of my drive is 35mph, to work, I think a deuce world be perfectly happy diving that route twice a day.

Graet job on the video Glen[thumbzup]

sierra117

My A3 will start when it's that cold but it takes a little cranking got to find all the leaks in the cab so it's not so drafty.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
She really barks when it's cold out...

ratat98

Gotta love the smell of diesel exhaust in the morning! Your old 72 fired right up this morning! I had to hit the grid heater a few times, but it purred like a tiger when it got all the cold air out of its system!

Flyingvan911

Last winter was my first with my deuce. It didn't like to start quickly below freezing. Since I've driven it regularly over the past year, it starts easier in the cold so far this winter. I'm not sure if driving it is the reason or if it's just being more agreeable.

91W350

You're tempting me to post a video of my deuce firing right up on one of my chilly 55* mornings!
Jump right in there Seth! That should be about a bump of the starter button! I failed to note that this is running on JP-8, I think, it is old fuel out of those junk five tons we bought. Most of them are marked JP-8 only. They have not had engines in them since the 1990's. The fuel lines were taped off under the hood. Some of it is nice and clear, some of it is dark colored and looks oily. I have been pumping it off and using it since July. Good thing we have more coming, I about have those run dry!

RealCavDog

Well Glen, yesterday it was pretty cold, and the A3 let me know that batteries dated 2004 and 2005 were not going to cut it ! Have a couple group 24's I'll throw in and try till I find a deal on some 6tl's ! Group 31's are too long for my box ! DANG !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks