• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

14R 20, 16R 20 or 395's

350TacoZilla

from what I have gathered on here if you go to 16.00r20's on your stock a1 rims they will fit but rub when turning hard, you would need the hemtt rims to get rid of rubbing. The 395s seem to be very popular as they have a higher speed rating and seem to ride bit better than the 14.00's or 16.00's also pick up little more hill power since the 395s are little shorter (46" vs 48" for 14.00 and 52" for 16.00) I currently have couple set s of the 395s and plan to run them on my 923.

350TacoZilla

some of them came from gl, I have actually had the 16.00's before for a mud truck they were goodyear AT2A's which are about an inch shorter than other 16.00's but little fatter also. I will tell you the 16.00's are not only taller than the others but alot heavier also so that might be where people feel the truck lost power when bumping up to the 16.00's.

I have 395 goodyears that I plan to run and 395 michelin xml's i have up for sale here in classifieds. if you have an A1 it should come with the 14.00r20 tires already on it so you can go up or down a size without too much hassle, some people actually seem to prefer the trucks with the smaller non a1 tires because gives more hill power but I'll admit it just doesnt look as good as the big singles.

i also have a set of goodyear 425/65/22.5 cement truck tires I plan to run once I get some 22.5x12 budd wheels, they are much milder tread pattern and lighter weight so i wanna see if it helps mpgs without getting rid of load carrying capability.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks