• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

15-20kw generator

Broke Down

alright guys i have a genrator that has a Hercules 4cyl engine (diesel). it has 3 facet pumps inline for the fuel system. two of the pumps won't run and i can't get it to crank. i don't know the model of the generator but i can look or what should i be looking for....lol. i just need some guidance on what to look for and where i can get the parts. or even better is there anyone here that has modified the fuel system to make it better? thanks guys

goldneagle

Is there a small stainless steel fuel tank near those pumps? If there is it is called a day tank. the pumps keep filling that tank and then turn off when pressure is reached. We could use some pictures with details of the generator and engine.
nopics

Broke Down

You will need to check the data plate on the generator, there should be a NSN or a Model number. Wayne
will do. i think i seen it last night. robbed some pumps of an old one a got it going

Is there a small stainless steel fuel tank near those pumps? If there is it is called a day tank. the pumps keep filling that tank and then turn off when pressure is reached. We could use some pictures with details of the generator and engine.
nopics
you are correct. i will see if i can get some pics up tomorrow. thanks guys!

Broke Down

alright i have been limping around the past few weeks and i got around to getting some pics. i hope this is what i need.

Last edited:

Broke Down

another thing is that it smokes when running. it seems to be out of time and dumping fuel my fathers generator has the same engine and uses way less fuel. it has a Hercules 4cyl engine in it. any ideas?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MEP-004 with the acoustic suppression kit. Relatively standard 15KW generator, just from the first picture. I don't have one, but I've seen them before.

Broke Down

i was messing around the other day with these and my dad told me a trick to keeping the batteries up. we have a family friend that works on base and he told us that if we pull the e-stop it will keep the batteries from draining. tried it and it works! so if any of you have an issue with keeping batteries up you may want to try this. :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks