• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

15.5- 395 spare in stock location

tm america

after all this talk of front mounted spares or how to get a spare in the bed i was looking at my truck to see what it would take to fit the spare in the stock location.and as best i can see so far it looks close.stock 9.00 is 40inches tall and 15.5s are 46inches tall that means lust 3inches each way .i think i might need to move the spare tire carrier forward about a inch to clear the tire doing this will give me clearance issues with the tool box which could be modified very easily has anyone else tried this yet .i'm gonna try messing with it tomorrow and see what i find once i get it hanging under there

tm america

gimp have you raised you 395 up under there to see how far off it is .i never even tried it yet since i fegured it would be way off but after having the tape measure out today it doesnt look to far off

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, too much trouble for me to tinker with. I don't feel I have enough storage as it is. I don't wanna loose more! I think my next project will be a BIG under bed fuel tank.

tm america

deuces came with 11.00s on m34-135 rims so i would guess they would fit in the stock local without mods.did the m34 have a different spare carrier

gimpyrobb

I had to mod mine a little cause I used an A3 rim. I think it could work relativley easy with 14.50s on hemtt rims.

gimpyrobb

I had a 395 on a stock rim hanging on mine. Looking at it, I decided against it. Those tires take up ALOT of room!

tm america

ya if i have to deal with clearence problems with the air pack i wil probably angle mount the spare carrier slightly so the tire will clear the airpack that way im only loosing ground clearence in the center not under the whole tire

tm america

yes i did get it to fit there i posted a thread with pics .Do a search for 15.5 spare on deuce (pics)if not i will put some pics up here to[thumbzup]i've had it mounted there for a couple months now no problems just minor mods to get it to fit.It is tight but it clears

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks