• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

16.00 X 20 W/rims

sermis

I have access to some 16.00 X 20’s which are mounted on 10 hole rims. I guess from the HEMTT’s. The rims are the 2 piece lock ring style. Most are still holding air. There are also some 14.00’s mixed in and some HUMVEE 36’s. Some tires have good, almost new, tread, some not so good.
On the Goodyears I can get them for $140.00 each with the rim if some one needs any. I did not ask about the HUMVEE wheels and tires. I saw about 12 there.

Attachments

sermis

There are a couple dismounted but allmost all have rims. They are not the bolt together combat but the split ring / lock ring style.

M1075

Has anyone used the HEMTT rims (bolt together or split ring) on a 5 ton? The bolt pattern should be the same, but I believe the rear hubs would have to be flipped to line up the front and rear tires (i.e. you cannot just flip the tire). I'm trying to figure out if I can use them on bridge truck as is. Hmmmm....

Jones

I've got M900 series axles on the baby HEMTTand am running 1600X20 Michelins mounted on the 1000X20 lock-ring Budd wheels like the HEMTTs use but with a slightly different offset. I flipped the wheels (dish in on the front, dish out on the rear) and they're within an inch or two of following each other's track. I think flipping the hubs might actually throw you further off.
Take a look at the pictures in Deuce mods; thread id "baby HEMTT for Leonard"

DMgunn

What is the backspacing on these wheels? I also have a bridge truck, and need a b.s. of approx. 2" so I can run the fronts dish in, and rears out, and be under 8'6" in total width. I ideally want to have all 6 wheels interchangeable. Will have to get more precise measurements, but I think it is possible with the right offset. Looks like the 5-ton wheels are at <1" of backspacing.

sermis

I measured the rims. I did not have a straight edge to be exact but it looks like 8 ½” on the back side and 3 ½” on the front side.

sermis

I talked to the guy again about the tires. If I buy several at a time they will be about $100.00 each for the tire and rim.
Speek up if you want some.

redass73

so whats the verdict on fitting a 5 ton. i have a wrecker that would look great on a set, but its along way from indiana. want tobe sure they would fit before
I take the next step.thaks
rick

sermis

I think they are a regular 10 bolt lug pattern. Only issue I could see is the back spacing might push them out too far. I think they would be 6" to 8" wider than the inner wheel if rinning duels and going to the single. If running duels they would still be narrower than the outside duel. The front might be pushed outside the fenders.

M1075

There are plenty of these rims available. All the former HEMTT rims were replaced with the newer and safer beadlock style. If Sermis runs out of these, let me know and I can get you hundreds.

sermis

Hot Rod Deuce is comming to get some when he comes to Texas to pick up one of his tanks.
There are about 12 left that have good tires.

ryan

I just put 6 brand new hemit wheels and 16.00 goodyears on my m54 they fit great. The front may stick out an inch or so from the fenders but the rear is within the bed. Nothing rubs and they look great. I have had the truck in 4 parades this year and I have put 600 miles on them. These are the split rim style and not the combat 2 piece. I can try to take a pic if someone wants.

ryan

I will measure today and get a pic. The front is wider but not to bad. I picked up 7 wheels/tires and when I got them home there was one combat 2 piece rim mixed in, the combat rim seems to be a different offset and a thicker wheel at the center. You may need to have longer lug nut studs for the combat wheels

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks