• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

16.00r20 hemitt tire on M35A3 wheels

firestomper

The local fire dept I belong took has a M35A3 that we use for high water recuses and put a slip in pump unit we use during wild fire season. the truck is in need of tires and I have been searching the GSA site for the MRAP 395's but im not having much luck. I have access to 6 brand new 16.00 -20 tires that where on HEMTT wheels, Could any body tell me if this tires will fit stock M35A3 wheels?

Tornadogt

The tires will fit the wheels but are way to big for a M35A3. Stock A3's will fit 46 inch tires (395's) but the 16.00-20's are 53 inches tall

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The 395 is the largest tire that will work on an A3 deuce. The G20 tires are the same height but a tad wider.

welldigger

16.00's will fit on an a3 wheel just fine. 16.00's won't fit on an a3. Especially not a 6x6. 395/85/20 or 15.50-20 Is as big as you can go.

peashooter

Keep an eye out for some 395s on mrap rims at GL sites and then just use adapters like these. The fire department should be able to get the tires/rims free through one of the surplus programs (cant remember the name of it off hand) where you are only responsible for shipping costs. I've sold mrap adapters to a couple fire departments that have done this. PM me if you want a contact for one of the departments, maybe they could help you figure it out if you go this route. Below is a pic of 1.

Attachments

Last edited: