• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

16.00R20 Tire Brand Preferences

Steelreaper80

I wanted your guy's opinions on tire brand preferences. My Goodyear 14.00R20 tires are getting pretty low on tread after nearly 60,000 miles on them. They have been pretty good with no major complaints. I won't go down to the 395's due to the loss of top speed, and yes I know I will lose a little low-end grunt. Which tire do you think is best? 99% they will be on-road at highway speeds but I need decent off-road traction for improvised roads and grass/field type of conditions. The two tires I am looking at are the Michelins and the Goodyear AT-A3s. Thanks guys!

Gunman1919

I just bought 6 new Goodyear At3’s 16r20s for the reasons simp outlined. I used hemtt wheels upfront and fmtv wheels on the back 4. I will say be sure to add something to balance them when u mount them weather it’s air soft bb’s or 5050 antifreeze mix…. I forgot to and they were rough about 60-65mph I went back and added 1/2gallon of antifreeze to all 6 tires. That corrected a lot. They still have some roughness to them but I only have about 70mi on them so far. I think about 2-300mi they will smooth on out.

Lukes_deuce

I have Goodyear 14.00R20's on it now. 60,000 plus miles on them and no complaints. Just getting low on tread. I can run them a while longer. I am having a hard time locating 2 HEMTT rims. I want them before I order the ATA3's
You dont need HEMTT rims. I run the stock combat rims with 16r20 XZLs. I take my truck off roading and push it to the flexible limit. Only place it rubbed was on the power steering gear cover and on the underneath of the bed. Both easy fixes and you dont need new rims or lose CTIS.

Steelreaper80

My truck is an M925A2. I hear it rubs on the pittman arm on a hard left turn. I have capped and disconnected the CTIS so loosing it already happened a long time ago. I don't really take it off-road much except to go into a field or improved road to get the tractor where I need it. Nothing crazy though. It is a work truck, not a toy.

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks