• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

16R20 XZL on M818

I am putting a set of 16R20 XZLs on HEMTT wheels. I was wondering if there are any rubbing issues on the front when turning. Any first hand experience would be great.

Andy1234

I am putting a set of 16R20 XZLs on HEMTT wheels. I was wondering if there are any rubbing issues on the front when turning. Any first hand experience would be great.

Under compression, at full turn, the knuckles on the outer edge of the tire will rub the "c" shaped bracket on the rear part of the frame section. Remove the bracket and you remove the rub.

FWIW, only the passenger side rubbed on mine.

Andy

Attachments

Alredneck

Banned
They look sweet, when mounted! Andy has some nice rigs!

Andy I left ya a message on phone, im in TX headed to AZ wont be back to TN till the weekend sometime!

Does anybody know it takes almost all day to drive across TX! SSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jwaller

hemet rims need no work and they won't hit anything. 5 ton combat wheels will hit the steering gear box and hyd cylinder on pass side. you can adjust the stops to fix this though.

Rene M

Well we cant help, it its all we could take from Mexico? Slowly they are getting it back though.

If its any consolation i will buy you a beer if you sop in Houston.

They look sweet, when mounted! Andy has some nice rigs!

Andy I left ya a message on phone, im in TX headed to AZ wont be back to TN till the weekend sometime!

Does anybody know it takes almost all day to drive across TX! SSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks