• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

17 inch wheels

sparkylisle

Other than having some 17 inch wheels custom made, are there any 17 inch wheels that can be mounted on a H1 that don't stick out more than the stock 16.5 beadlocks?

springer1981

Other than having some 17 inch wheels custom made, are there any 17 inch wheels that can be mounted on a H1 that don't stick out more than the stock 16.5 beadlocks?
I looked at a lot of options, some you can find here ... https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/my-new-1992-m998-avenger.184818/post-2210080
I ended up going with H2 wheels. If they are stock wheels, the center needs to be machined slightly to fit the H1/HMMWV hub. The wheels stick out about 1 inch more than stock and aren't really noticeable. I can post some pictures if you want to see them.

Be sure to check out the PDF attachment at the end of the post. It has a lot of info about various wheels including width. the Ex Width column is how much it will stick out compared to stock on each side.

rjf189

Cepek makes rims that are stock configuration. They are NOT bead locks.
Here are the Cepek rims with 40" Milestar Patagonia tires. Note that these are sitting in front of the stock wheel/tire and thus may look a bit bigger than they are. The truck is still at RWH, but once I get it delivered I can post pictures with the wheels and tires mounted.

IMG_1162.jpg

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are Dick Cepek 17” rims and Dick Cepek Radial FC II 37x13.5x17 tires. Not sure what the offset is but they don’t stick out bad. They do great both on and off-road. One nice thing is you can remove your half shaft bolt without taking the wheel off. Handy if you ever need to replace a half shaft on the trail.
Do you have the item # on those rims? I have done a little searching but all i find are the chromed out rims, nothing like those you have. Thanks!

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know the part number or style name for the Cepek steel wheels?? Their website does not show those particular wheels noted in the pics above.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks