• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

19-Feb-09 Redstone Recovery trip

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Tomorrow morning, Clinto g/f & I will depart around 0400 to pick up a Deuce at Redstone. We anticipate being there around 0800 (we will gain an hour on the way due to time change).

I have the F-150 loaded up with tools, oil, coolant, gear oil, spare parts, etc.

Anyone going to Redstone tomorrow?

Anyone want to offer assistance if we hit trouble? rofl

Anyone like pictures of Deuces at Wendy's? :razz:

Wish us luck!

Attachments

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, I will be there on the 19th, but not till about noon. If you're still there, I'll help out.

Michael

If you are going in at gate 1 be sure to look for Martin Road. There is no exit sign for gate one if you are going south on Memorial parkway. The turn for gate 4 is just north of wal mart.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good grief 3am is early!

See ya'll tonight!

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I got home 20 minutes ago..... long day!!

Met pctrans, super nice guy, walked up to me with a big smile and said "Clinto!?" and we chatted for a few minutes.

Checked the truck out, was able to check everything but the transfer, that plug just wouldn't come out.

Good brakes, whistler, etc. Not many pics though. Rough day.

Wendy's pics later :D

Attachments

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Man, that looks good. Did you by chance get to look at mine? (or did you get the message in time?)

Congrats on the green iron ;-)
Yes, I checked my email/SS/PM's before I left home.

We inspected both of your trucks, but the GL guy was severely rushing us and we had out hands full.

Both have charged batteries, but 3905's are obviously really strong, the other so-so. I'd definitely bring a good set of batteries or at a minimum a slave cable. 3905 has 3/4 of a tank of fuel, forgot to check the other.

Average rust, nothing I saw jumped out at me. The winch truck (I think) has 2 sugar scoop antenna mounts on the passenger side of bed, but mounted horizontally :)?:). Both are spring ride, air shifts and I am pretty sure they both had seat belts. Tires on both are safe to drive, inflated and have good tread. No visible leaks underneath. 3909 actually has a cover and bows in the bed, folded up. I definitely remember one having a heater.

Hope this helps.

ohnuts

This is my new never owned one before M35A2 truck at redstone. Good low numbers so I hope the dice roll went my way. Anybody who will drop in Redstone before my EUC comes back would be great to hear from.

1963 1/2 Ford galaxie convertable, still at home.
Five more hard tops come and gone.
To many hot rides to remember, all gone.

Attachments

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes it does! Thank you very much Clinto!

I can't wait to fire up my deuces for the first time :-D

Hurry up battle creek :roll:
If I had had 10 more minutes, I would have checked the oil and tried to start them.

Sorry.

jrou111

It's okay I know how those lot guys can be from when I went with Wreckerman. The GL guy did provide a set of slave cables to start up WM's because only one had good batteries. But I know not to rely on just that, and when I come for pickup to be prepared.

I sure hope they have their tool kits though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks