• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 dukw

Yep, that is right, thanks to red bringing his crane over, we have now successfully dropped the engine down into the hull of the DUKW. Now we just need to bolt it all down, and hook all the linkage up, and then we will be set to go.

Im working on my 44' dukw, and hooking everything up, after dropping the engine in. It is all hooked up now, but when I go to start it the ignition wire, the one that goes from the switch on the dash, starts smoking. Im wondering if it is postive ground. Or if anyone could help me understand why it did that.
So is it postive ground?
Why would that wire potentially have melted?

dmetalmiki

When you switch on the ignition, it seems that a wire going o something "somewhere" is shorting out. So WHAT requires power (only) first?..Usually the distributor, via the coil. in the ignition circuit. (though unlikely to cause a 'burn' short out.) The fuel pump? (if one is fitted) and or ANY other required component. So check these out first.

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
I do have a spare TM9-802 manual for the DUKW. The electrical section does have a full wiring schematic for the DUKW. The manual is in very nice condition, 533 pgs. $150 plus postage. Let me know if your interested. I have some misc. spare parts for the DUKW as well.
Thanks,
Steve
sgreenb810@aol.com

Jericho

what you really need is a good multi meter, Wires only toast if they have voltage when the shouldn't, or a SHORT. good hunting, fix electrics is easy once one finds it , its the finding that takes time. Great looking project!

ODGreeneMachine

Wadefreedomvehicles~ buy the manual from Steve (who is a wealth of knowledge and a really nice guy) the portrayal press manual TM9-802 is a bible for any DUKW owner. I'm still working on my project but rely on the forums and the wizards that lie in the wait to comment! Try to stay connected to one post and update pictures many times (people like to see progress/its a motivator for yourself).

Very Respectfully,
Alan G Greene

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks