• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Got a couple stray wires to get hooked up yet - and 1/4 of the harness is not covered until I finish running circuit tests on them - gotta remember this wire harness is not made for a COE MILITARY TRUCK - its made for a 1-2 ton civy truck. Some circuits are longer - shorter - change to different color circuits after the junction blocks etc etc etc.

I'll probably have another day and half in the wiring to finish the front - tail lights are a walk in the part so to speak.20150816_090425.jpg20150816_090452.jpg20150816_090604.jpg20150816_095236.jpg20150816_095253.jpg20150816_105223.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think whenever Zout gets the ole girl whipped into shape I'm going to invite the prior owner to go with us to pick her up. I MIGHT even let him take her for a spin around the block.:D

The weather will be cooling down a bit soon and I just can't wait to drive that baby home a couple of times a week just to show her off.

Also, since all the radios were AC powered, I just MAY hook them up to a power source and see what happens.:shock: I'll make sure to take them out of the truck so if they decide to flame up it won't hurt any of Zout's excellent work.:beer:

zout

I suppose ya gotta hook them radio's up individually huh - especially taking them out of their box's.

Cause i shorted out the box with 110 . just stuck two bare wires in my garage socket and touched them on the box......but i never saw anything light up or turn on back there.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You funny GI!!

I hope you didn't let all the smoke outta the box cause it's impossible to get it back in!!

If you messed it up too bad I'm afraid I'll have to send some of the boyz up to have a chat with you.

Attachments

zout

Steer axle return springs came in last night. Will get that steer axle back together tonight and then onto bleeding and adjusting.

Then i get to play with some more wiring.

If them three stooges show up from that picture i will put them to work.

zout

Brake system bleeding and brake shoe adjustment next - then back onto wiring - OH YEAH - I found that radiator tag off some site and its an exact fit of what is suppose to be on a CCKW - so I helped myself to a treat - kind of like a bulldog bone.20150818_161559.jpg20150818_161610.jpg20150818_161622.jpg20150818_162126.jpg20150818_163532.jpg20150818_163543.jpg

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found a halfway decent writeup on the SCR-197, unfortunately the best link for better info was taken down for 'possible copyright infringement'. That BC-325 is a BIG box, but knowing what it looks like, I'm sure we can fab up something with all the knobs, dials, and switches to make a convincing replica.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Found a halfway decent writeup on the SCR-197, unfortunately the best link for better info was taken down for 'possible copyright infringement'. That BC-325 is a BIG box, but knowing what it looks like, I'm sure we can fab up something with all the knobs, dials, and switches to make a convincing replica.
We have the other radios...and the telephones/switchboard (thanks to you Mike). That rascally BC-325 has eluded us so far though. One of these days I hope to sneak up on one.:papabear:

zout

Ya know i just saw one and its was not on g507 it eas that other one ????? 703? Not a member and i was just reading stuff - maybe someone can find it.

zout

With the addition of a turn signal switch i ordered a set of lamps that will mount to the top ofthe headlight buckets seeing how all but one BO lamp which was busted anyhow existed. These will be park/turn signal . will be safe ones as well for visability.

Brake bleeding and adj tonight and then gets its paws back on land.

nattieleather

Go Zout go Zout..... Cheering from the crowd! Now I know why they call you Commander Warp! I thought it was for your warped sense of humor but I see it's also for you warp speed!

Okay all kidding aside. I have been watching this from day one and I am just amazed at how well you do the work.

zout

I am just a go getter and after yrs of workin on stuff it makes it looks like its easy......NOT.
Mechanics boils down to one thing and that is common sense and i have none of it.
But i appreciate the kind words.....i see the truck already done in my strange mind then i go to work whenever i can.

I have had many an ole teacher that saw it in me and passed it on....wish i could...but thank you.

zout

My warped humor .......go jump out of perfectly good aircraft over 4000 times then tell me you cannot appreciate REAL PEOPLE AND HONEST SPEAKING. PLUS BEING WARPED.

zout

Moving onward.
Monsoon season is amoungst us so working in between storms. Zout 2 is a die hard trooper and has done brake bleeding procedures many a times and now telling me I missed something -Good reason why I let her marry me and hanging on after 37 years - HEY PB - YOUR K might get done with her assistance and inspections. Got done with bleeding just before the front of the garage got flooded once again so brake adjustment is still forthcoming fellas. Just hanging in there and moving forward as best I can.

BUT the K came to me June 29th - and its not August 29th yet making it only 60 days - get a grip fellas. This would have killed a lesser man days ago. Hang in there till the PICKUP DATE and COOKOUT. I might like the cookout more than seeing the K picked up if all goes right.

Hats off to Zout2 for her tolerance20150819_153847.jpg20150819_160449_HDR.jpg20150819_160828.jpg Lots of stuff to tie down fellas so just hang in there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks