• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A good place to search for what trailers looked like in the 1930's is old National Geographic Magazines (from that time period). Many of the models were basaically unchanged through the 1950's except on some trim items. The basic structure would not have changed much, with the interior layout of the K-19 being the most visible difference.

This reminds me of another thread where someone was looking for a deuce master cylinder filler plug and a link was provided to one that would fit - turns out that it was a GMC part made for single circuit truck brakes from 1937 to 1959. Sometimes we try to think things through too much when the real world answer is much simpler.

zout

Indeed I have been looking green lately and shrinking.
Some day with all my searching I will find something cool to send down to PB and see if he can withstand the excitement......might shrink wrap that Sheriff that is looking for him and send him special delivery.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Indeed I have been looking green lately and shrinking.
Some day with all my searching I will find something cool to send down to PB and see if he can withstand the excitement......might shrink wrap that Sheriff that is looking for him and send him special delivery.
That lil rascal will NEVER take me alive!!

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the first file on that page, page 24 (adobe page 27) and from the ruler in the lower right hand corner, the BC-325 is 32 inches wide and 66 inches tall. We can safely assume it is 12 to 16 inches deep, and the finish is a glossy black crinkle paint. As I find more details, I'll post back additional info.

Wayofftrack

Can't remember if you found a front brushguard for your truck but there is someone on the G503 who has one and updated your thread there. Just wanted to give you a heads up if you were still needing one.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Can't remember if you found a front brushguard for your truck but there is someone on the G503 who has one and updated your thread there. Just wanted to give you a heads up if you were still needing one.
Yes Sir, we have one that Zout made and it looks/works exactly like an original one. Thank you for letting me know though.:beer:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just received the latest copy of Army Motors from the MVPA, Number 161. There is a pretty good article on WWII radios. Also, the inside of the front cover of the Army motors side of the magazine shows the inside of a K18 and discusses the radios in the K18 / K19.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks