• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Zout accepts no other funds other than originally agreed upon. If you do not like MORE than what we agreed tough chit - I only do stuff one way.

We can all sit and have an ice cream at the cookout and discuss it over the K18 :papabear:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Zout accepts no other funds other than originally agreed upon. If you do not like MORE than what we agreed tough chit - I only do stuff one way.We can all sit and have an ice cream at the cookout and discuss it over the K18 :papabear:
I feel bad about you doing all that work for $34.50 and a KFC lunch!! At least when I come up next time I'll buy the ice cream.:roll:

saddamsnightmare

March 31st, 2014.

Given the age of the truck, PB, and the tendencies for GMC's of that era to get rust, you have done well so far in protecting what remains of the original metal components. Now for the amazing GMC patch all metal kits.....!:wink:

zout

Seeing as the roof is next - I did pick up a vent for the front area that matches the size of the hole - I had already sent PB a picture of the vent. The shield that goes over it with the two louvers in it will have to be made by hand - that is in the process as well (meaning metal coming) that will be installed after the paint is on that area and the shield painted seperately as well.

Working on accessing the dents in the side roof radius by using my step drill bit and using heat and cold water to try to draw them out. Soon as this is done I can get the entire roof into primer and I will feel a lot better.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seeing as the roof is next - I did pick up a vent for the front area that matches the size of the hole - I had already sent PB a picture of the vent. The shield that goes over it with the two louvers in it will have to be made by hand - that is in the process as well (meaning metal coming) that will be installed after the paint is on that area and the shield painted seperately as well.

Working on accessing the dents in the side roof radius by using my step drill bit and using heat and cold water to try to draw them out. Soon as this is done I can get the entire roof into primer and I will feel a lot better.
Why not just send it to the "Dent Doctor" :roll:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I certainly did not expect ZOUT to get this far on the K-18 so fast!!

I'm beginning to think you (at least ZOUT) CAN make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!!![thumbzup]

zout

[FONT=Arial, Times, sans-serif]Dry Ice is frozen carbon dioxide, a normal part of our earth's atmosphere. It is the gas that we exhale during breathing and the gas that plants use in photosynthesis. It is also the same gas commonly added to water to make soda water. Dry Ice is particularly useful for freezing, and keeping things frozen because of its very cold temperature: -109.3°F or -78.5°C. Dry Ice is widely used because it is simple to freeze and easy to handle using insulated gloves. Dry Ice changes directly from a solid to a gas -sublimation- in normal atmospheric conditions without going through a wet liquid stage. Therefore it gets the name "dry ice."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Times, sans-serif]As a general rule, Dry Ice will sublimate at a rate of five to ten pounds every 24 hours in a typical ice chest. This sublimation continues from the time of purchase; therefore, pick up Dry Ice as close to the time needed as possible. Bring an ice chest or some other insulated container to hold the Dry Ice and slow the sublimation rate. Dry Ice sublimates faster than regular ice melts but will extend the life of regular ice. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Times, sans-serif]It is best not to store Dry Ice in your freezer because your freezer's thermostat will shut off the freezer due to the extreme cold of the Dry Ice! Of course if the freezer is broken, Dry Ice will save all your frozen goods. [/FONT]
Commercial shippers of perishables often use dry ice even for non frozen goods. Dry ice gives more than twice the cooling energy per pound of weight and three times the cooling energy per volume than regular water ice (H[FONT=Arial, Times, sans-serif]2[/FONT]O). It is often mixed with regular ice to save shipping weight and extend the cooling energy of water ice. Sometimes dry ice is made on the spot from liquid [FONT=Arial, Times, sans-serif]CO2[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Times, sans-serif]. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Times, sans-serif]The resulting dry ice snow is packed in the top of a shipping container offering extended cooling without electrical refrigeration equipment and connections.[/FONT]

zout

OK - ya got your grass cut while you waited ??

Got a couple other things done before this but not ready to take any pic's yet so you'll have to wait on them.

In my spare time I rolled the torches out as every door screw was in with the grip of god and rusted - a few were missing and I had nothing to do with that. The window top trip comes off as well with screws and I did not get that far because I am lazy.
BUT - from what I see after taking these off if you remove that regulator brace the entire window and seal assembly can be put in and out in one assembly - will confirm that when I take the top apart - I am sure that brace screws have to be heated as well to get them out. But I need to finish that roof first at least into primer - that will be shot near nightfall with the top cools off (learned that lesson on the M43B1).
100_2070.jpg100_2071.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dry Ice is frozen carbon dioxide, a normal part of our earth's atmosphere. It is the gas that we exhale during breathing and the gas that plants use in photosynthesis. It is also the same gas commonly added to water to make soda water. Dry Ice is particularly useful for freezing, and keeping things frozen because of its very cold temperature: -109.3°F or -78.5°C. Dry Ice is widely used because it is simple to freeze and easy to handle using insulated gloves. Dry Ice changes directly from a solid to a gas -sublimation- in normal atmospheric conditions without going through a wet liquid stage. Therefore it gets the name "dry ice."
As a general rule, Dry Ice will sublimate at a rate of five to ten pounds every 24 hours in a typical ice chest. This sublimation continues from the time of purchase; therefore, pick up Dry Ice as close to the time needed as possible. Bring an ice chest or some other insulated container to hold the Dry Ice and slow the sublimation rate. Dry Ice sublimates faster than regular ice melts but will extend the life of regular ice.
It is best not to store Dry Ice in your freezer because your freezer's thermostat will shut off the freezer due to the extreme cold of the Dry Ice! Of course if the freezer is broken, Dry Ice will save all your frozen goods.
Commercial shippers of perishables often use dry ice even for non frozen goods. Dry ice gives more than twice the cooling energy per pound of weight and three times the cooling energy per volume than regular water ice (H2O). It is often mixed with regular ice to save shipping weight and extend the cooling energy of water ice. Sometimes dry ice is made on the spot from liquid CO2. The resulting dry ice snow is packed in the top of a shipping container offering extended cooling without electrical refrigeration equipment and connections.
How come you are posting in blue now. Hard to read and I hang on every word.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks