• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

I think I mentioned the box area side window that the metal channel the glide window run channels fit into were all rusted out and I have the framework all cleaned up already.

PB knows we have an outlet for getting ALL the rubber items but does not know TODAY I have 355.50 inches (or 30ft if you grab your calculator) of METAL run channel that the window run seal fit into. This all has to be cut - rivited into place so when the glass is done and the rubber is ordered it will be ready. But not yet. Almost all the window regulators require the coiled spring to be replaced as they are broken - we also know where to get these when the time comes.

Now just keeping on getting the box ready for its first coat of 2k primer - may or may not be done by cookout time - we'll see.

zout

No work tonight. A friend of mine down in TX was fearing for my well being borrowing Debs camera lately. Seeing as mine finally got sick of taking pictures and broke I never replaced it. Ya all know what the Tonka toy work phone pics look like.
So I was advised to watch for a package coming - when I got home there is a box by the front door - TWM sent me an awesome Nikon Coolpix compact camera with a whole bunch of other stuff in the package. So - sitting here not working on the K but screwing around with my new camera - thanks KENT - I will take a selfie later to show you it works.

zout

I will say - ALL of the metal window run channel came today and if the weather prohibits tomorrow it will all be installed - seals to come later

zout

TWM - if it were not all in that child proof high density plastic wrapping where I had to open it with my chain saw - I would have sworn it was PB's camera he lost - but eh - it came with the software cd'd - thanks PB go get another one

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TWM - if it were not all in that child proof high density plastic wrapping where I had to open it with my chain saw - I would have sworn it was PB's camera he lost - but eh - it came with the software cd'd - thanks PB go get another one
I don't deal in used Chit!!!! Maybe you could sell PB a copy of the CD. :-D

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have another camera here for Zout. He will have no excuse now not to provide us with plenty of pics.

zout

Lets see how this new camera thingy works out.

really miserable drizzle rain up here today - got all the upper window channel cut and holes drilled for rivets (low profile ones).
Got onto the passenger door frame as this baby was held shut with the grip of god when PB and I looked at it - ahh not no more. Got the drivers side threshold plate cut and went to fire up the Miller Welding Renegade 180 I have and - it would not turn over - it was seized - as well as trying to get it turned over by the rope - no go and solid as a rock. This had a fresh oil change on it as well and up to snuff for the project. SO - I am chit o la out of luck till I can take a trip over to Northern Equip and get a body shop mig set up (HOLBART) would be my choice but its not going to be as nice as this baby was.

SO - I fired up the lawn tractor and cut the front yard and part of the power line and then nothing - mower stopped - belt blew up - ahhhh chit - so parked it back in the garage and grabbed some 180 grit sandpaper and started on the passenger side getting it ready for primer - figuring the day was not going to get any better I closed shop and carried the NEW CAMERA :) very carefully up to the house.

Here are some picsDSCN0005.jpgDSCN0006.jpgDSCN0007.jpgDSCN0008.jpgDSCN0009.jpgDSCN0010.jpg

zout

Cannot tell you how PO's I am that Miller welder took a dump - fresh oil change - tuned it up in Jan - running and flowing welds like butter and went to re-start it up to weld that Driver side threshold plate and it was seized - no noise not nothing - about broke my arm yanking on the cord pull as well - has elec start and it was like UMPH - nothing. Screw the mower deck belt - that welder was a pleasure to have around -hate to see how much an engine is to replace it.

ANYHOW - I'll pick up a smaller body shop type welder to finish what I need - besides I will need it on Adam's M37 soon later this year anyhow so it will not be a useless purchase.

Dang that pass door fits NICE :)

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That threshold looks absolutely super Dave. Sorry about the welder, do you want me to send you one of those too? :shock: Just in case, don't take any pictures of yourself. The ones you took are very sharp. Great job.

zout

Thanks all - I will get the engine model and serial # tomorrow and see where I COULD get the best buy from and I also have been looking on Northern Equip site for mig welders - I waste NO TIME holding up projects when there is work to be done.

When I sit down to have a BUD (sponsor bump here) I can piss and moan about the engine. Just see what my $$$ brings and the best way to go about this. You all have to remember that Dinger65 ran over this welder TWICE at one of my cookouts and its
been touch and go on it with the circuit boards and sensors on it. It does have generator capabilities when needed so that is a whole nother thought process I wish not to deal with right not after this week. But I need to proceed with project and that is the
train of thought at this time.
BTW - mower deck replacement belt ordered and will be here in enough time to mow the rest before the cookout.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
With all the amazing progress on the cross members and thresholds I guess we are going to have a serious discussion at the cookout about wood flooring![thumbzup] (PS....TWM does not get a vote on the finish)