• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ya know - you should take the engine coming at you - it just all falls into place if you do not rush it or push it.

Yup!! That's pretty much the attitude I've developed when working with these old MVs.

Like my buddy at the junk yard just happened to stop in to see me just after we found the crack in the block! Who would have thunk it?? When he said he had a 248 in an old Chevy truck I almost passed out...and it's only about 20 miles away...and it's "supposed" to run...and it's free! Guess I will make time today to go take a look.:D

I know there will be some parts swapping to be done on the engine but everything on my engine looks good so that should not be an issue.

If all else fails, it's back to boring the other 270 block and buying all new stuff for it...at least we'll know exactly what we've got then.

Nope... I'm not gonna stress over it. You (Zout) have saved the ole girl from the rust monster so now we have plenty of time to find her a new "heart" and perform the transplant when ready.:beer:

zout

Will get that top radius sanded tonight to get 2k on it. Should be able to first sand the 2k already on it and see what that surface looks like - it may require a second coat in only some areas. I have no doubts the entire truck exterior will be in TM8 by this coming weekend and you know what that means.

Still have the radiator to yank out of it so I can get into pressure washing the engine compartment and start working on that as well as the interior.

stay tuned

zout

Dirty but looks unused - mud daubbers ruled the roost on the underside of the truck for decades. You'll eventually see pics of it when I get into it.

zout

That is also why Ron stated when the engine was pulled it all looked original and in its proper place and nothing looked re-fabbed like something else got slammed in the hole in place of something else.

I personally think the way she was bolted up - its the first time freed since the day she was shoved in there. But what I think is not worth .02 cents. Just a gut feeling being around it.

I am sure the owner is going to do what is absolutely right for his best interest - I have other stuff to prepare for it for him to get his hands on it.

HEY PB - is there going to be a mutiny in your office like there was the day the WC was nearly ready ??

I just had to jump back on this post and add this comment:

It is awesome so many folks are viewing this and participating in what they are finding - New Zeeland the other day - who would have thought - just absolutely awesome - great to see everyone come in and visit the project. Thank you.

Last edited:

Tin Medic

It is awesome so many folks are viewing this and participating in what they are finding - New Zeeland the other day - who would have thought - just absolutely awesome - great to see everyone come in and visit the project. Thank you.
CZ, People are following it because you and PB have made it worth following.

zout

There is nothing unmissed nor something ignored - it will get done with the top is done and the framework of the windshield is done - for now the surface is sealed.

If you look at that factory pic above - all the pieces were LEADED in - this is where the lead had bubbled and it will be taken out and new state of the art chit put in place of it for another 73 years - that fella in 73 years can worry about it then.

What dents are left in it are staying in it - but again I think the price just went up again after tonight - better get it now while its a deal. Also still waiting for a check in the mail of who thinks what should be done to it so PB does not have to pay for it.

just stay tuned

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is nothing unmissed nor something ignored - it will get done with the top is done and the framework of the windshield is done - for now the surface is sealed.

Also still waiting for a check in the mail of who thinks what should be done to it so pb does not have to pay for it.

Just stay tuned
lmao

8):nothingfunny::nothingfunny:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just a work of art. PB will be having another mega organsm. Put on your rubber suit and goggles. :papabear:
Mega organism my hairy butt!!:papabear:

I was excited when Zout posted the pics of the WC-22 all painted and purty but these pics today caused an ATOMIC ORGANISM!!!:shock:

I honestly have no words to describe how I feel right now. Proud, grateful, amazed, outstanding...none of those words come close to the feelings my brother Zout brought by posting those pics tonight!

I was impressed at Zout's cookout with the box progress and the work outside but I kept getting drawn back to that fugly hood and nose wondering what she would look like when he got to that point...now I know!:not worthy:

From this point on nobody (including me) is allowed to call the K-18C fugly or make jokes about being an ice cream truck or you will be severely beaten about the head and shoulders at our very next meeting!:rules:

Brother Zout, I can't express my gratitude any better than saying THANK YOU MY BROTHER!!:beer:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
That check had better get me tinted glass and an AM radio.
Ya know what? (And I'm being serious now)... I'm not a wealthy person and will probably never be. BUT... I don't think a rich man could buy this truck for any price...unless I or MB get really sick or hungry.

Besides... Our Doctor in CAMO has offered to paint the windows and headlights as soon as Zout is done with the truck so no tint will be needed!

Last edited:

Tin Medic

You dont need to be wealthy to appreciate what you are doing. You will probably appreciate it more knowing what it took to get her to where she is going to be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks