• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Looks like it's about time for the ole girl to make the trip to the "Extreme Makeover" shop. Now I'm starting to get excited...that's a rare treat for me!!:jumpin:

zout

Then I am glad you never saw all that wood for the back end of the WC THAT HE IS GOING TO PAINT - off your CC - he was bragging about it to me - you should have at lease a say in the paint issue then I would think ??

For other folks watching - just stay tuned here as the build pics will just keep getting posted here without a new thread on it - this thread has been fun so far.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Then I am glad you never saw all that wood for the back end of the WC THAT HE IS GOING TO PAINT - off your CC - he was bragging about it to me - you should have at lease a say in the paint issue then I would think ??

For other folks watching - just stay tuned here as the build pics will just keep getting posted here without a new thread on it - this thread has been fun so far.

That's OK. Once the WC-51 gets up here for The Gathering and the 2014 GA Rally...it will never leave!!

Attachments

zout

PB & Bear decided to take a trip today with one of the wreckers and the KC on the backend of it. Had a great KC Fried Chicken lunch he brought down from kentucky with him (he will get that stab) but anyhow - got the soaps all out - water on - pressure washer was ready and awaiting its arrival.

Got to soaping it down really good with WILD DOG and the truck wash soap. The passenger side is nearly down to metal and all of the paint GONE. I will go back tomorrow and get onto the previous washed stuff now that I have the mix right for getting all the paint off. This will save some major dollars in prep work leaving metal repair work ahead - tad bit of body repair and onto pressure sand blasting sections at a time and getting bare metal 2k primer on it.

All the major exterior work will be in blasting and cleaning up the rust - the 2 k once prep'd right will handle the rest - Matrix products already on hand for the work and duty call.

I'd post pics but I am on Debs laptop as my hard drive took a dump and the PC is at the computer shop down the road for repair - will catch up on pics when I get it back for ya all couch potatoes and mice.

zout

I sent PB & Swiss pics off my tonka toy work phone - see if they will post up them crummy pics OR I'll post up when my computer is back with pics off Debs camera.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks