• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

firedude

How interesting. I just pulled one of those out of the forest. All I had to do was drag it from my neighbor's land over to mine.

My Truck 01.jpgMy Truck 02.jpgMy Truck 03.jpg

Last edited:

firedude

Sorry vultures, I got plans for this and my others, but ya never know what tomorrow will bring. ;)

EDIT: Data plate sez K-18-C
Delivery date to the Signal Corp is 1940, but I think it may be a '39 cab.

I would like to try to restore it as rare as they are. I saved this one from the crusher, literally. The guy was there with an excavator getting ready to pick it up. A lot of good old iron went for weight.

Last edited:

zout

PB - from the plugged hole in the roof where the vent is MIA - some earlier pics Tin posted up clearly show a rectangle vent - the ones in the pics above show sort of a tear drop vent.

What I have noticed on the onces almost in tact - and the ones restored is right behind each door on the vertical radius panel - a Red and Green decal of some sort ??? I cannot enlarge it enough without loosing contrast of the picture to then read it - anyone know what these are that may be able to be duplicated ?

I will be calling that computer repair shop today I know that - see what the verdict is.

Last edited:

zout

Computer suppose to be done tomorrow where I can pick it up - then get it hooked up and see all I have to do to get everything back on it.

Did I mention how many pics of the KC I have on Debs camera to post up !!!!!!!!! What a shame you cannot see them.

Rear interior paneling all removed - lot of ants - cockroaches - wasp nests under all that wood. See some major sealing issue that I will have to deal with upon assembly.
The rear roll up windows just shed water down that exterior wall on the inside just like you car door seals do - drains on the bottom were long gone filled with pine straw - soundcoating that has shed away over the years (maybe from all them rocks breaking the glass broke it loose).

Smells better every day in the back getting rid of that rotten wood - sheds apart just like wet paper.

Of course you could see all of this - IF I were able to post ALL these pictures up.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Computer suppose to be done tomorrow where I can pick it up - then get it hooked up and see all I have to do to get everything back on it.

Did I mention how many pics of the KC I have on Debs camera to post up !!!!!!!!! What a shame you cannot see them.

Rear interior paneling all removed - lot of ants - cockroaches - wasp nests under all that wood. See some major sealing issue that I will have to deal with upon assembly.
The rear roll up windows just shed water down that exterior wall on the inside just like you car door seals do - drains on the bottom were long gone filled with pine straw - soundcoating that has shed away over the years (maybe from all them rocks breaking the glass broke it loose).

Smells better every day in the back getting rid of that rotten wood - sheds apart just like wet paper.

Of course you could see all of this - IF I were able to post ALL these pictures up.
Gosh!!! You mean all that stuff happened in only 30 years sitting under a pine tree with the windows shot out? I thought they made em better back in the day!!:shrugs:

I think some of that smell may be squirrel poopoo.:whistle:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks