• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Did I mention it totally SUCKS uploading pictures to SS.

BTW - all that looks silver on that truck now is open metal and ALL paint is gone except in very minut places

firedude

Did I mention it totally SUCKS uploading pictures to SS.

BTW - all that looks silver on that truck now is open metal and ALL paint is gone except in very minut places
zout, thank you for documenting this project. You are lucky your interior is in such good shape. Mine was exposed to a hostile environment with the back open. Mine was a digger truck. It carried piping and an auger unit that was hung A-frame style off the rear and driven by a PTO. They used it to dig and set phone poles. My neighbor was the owner of the first phone company here in Cave Junction, Redwood Telephone.

zout

What a tough crowd to please.
I always document everything good or bad - just so the owner has a record of the truck.

Other military markings were on the rear with the same O with the A in the middle you can see remnants of them in the pics. The passenger side was eliminated by the L of Lee's BBQ paint that was slopped on it.

Front - no markings or remnants found or traces.
Pic of the rectangle vent that was removed and the single pic of the hole of the spot lights that had been there before Mankind got their paws on the truck.

I popped PB a mail today telling him I had something to mention to him . do you realize there were not solid floors nor plywood installed in trucks during this time period. They were wood strips will filler metal strips.
The floor metal tin under the cobbled in plywood is also not original - as I get more of the flooring up you will see what I am talking about and seeing. Sealing areas near the side panels was poor and needs to be looked at when
I get it up - chassis pressure washed from all angles and start rebuilding the box interior.

BUT before any of that happens on restoring the box interior the roof dents will be repaired after some very hard work of ridding it of rust - windshield removed and covered - and bring repair down to the hood top. AHH you'll see unless ya show up to open me a Bud or pour me a Crown to help.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the engine and tranny were staying behind at the Compound! Looks like the fire wrench will be your best friend.

[thumbzup]

zout

It still may disappear while here and wind up at CAMO - ya just never know around this place - he may have to pick up the engine and trans combo at the cookout - hey PB - BRING THE BIG BOYS with ya rofl

zout

Now that the plywood is removed from the box interior - next step - straighten the roof side radius's - clean and get into bare metal primer

zout

Yeah - don't blink there PB - Your Mission if Accepted is to pick up said power plant at the cookout - this message will self destruct in 10 seconds - CAMO MAFIA TAKES NO PRISIONERS AND FAILS NO MISSION

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As usual, Commander Warp is doing an outstanding job!:beer:

It was my job to get the power pack out but due to mission requirements I failed in that project.:oops:

mission under control and still a go, recon approved

zout

I have a friend at Ft Carson - a Lt Col and he already gave ya all up and your secrets. You have nothing now to hide.
SO - you might as well move here and help me on the KC - we're still working under Top Secret Ga Mafia Orders.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Less talk more work.
Let's recap the progress:

The truck sat under a pine tree for over 30 years covered in pine needles, leaves, squirrel poopoo and God knows what else with absolutely no progress.

Commander Warp has the truck 3 days (counting Sunday), and produces the results shown in the pics.

If that ain't progress I don't know what is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks