• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

I am sure PB will take donations to put in there whatever ya want but PB will still own it.

Here are a few pics of some further cleaning - Deb took her camera to one of the squirrel school functions so these are crappy tonka toy ones.IMG00145.jpgIMG00146.jpgIMG00147.jpgIMG00148.jpgIMG00149.jpgIMG00150.jpgIMG00151.jpgIMG00152.jpg last one is the GMC name on the rear of the diff - part of the housing.

zout

Boy that camera sucks - promise I will not post any more pics off that crummy thing.

I'll get Debs camera down there tonight - only debris left on anything pressure washed is on top of each rear spring hanger mount by the caked on grease zert fittings - and nearly 3/4 of that is history - bottom side of framework will get done with I pressure wash from the underside later on.

Those box interior upper radius covers are solidly welded in and into the roof cross members - soooo I have two more tricks up my sleeve to get those radius dents out. That is main mission this weekend - during the rain I will work on the inside and watch it rain through rock ridden pelted windows.

Cutting out threshold rocker panels by the box entry doors so I can bend new ones - these will not go in until whatever type of flooring gets placed in - that is way down the road at this time even thinking about it.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry PB but we have to close the thread. It looks like a civilian vehicle now.

zout

Anyone wanna see real pictures from a real camera - still just cleaning up and cutting stuff out like the running board/threshold plates to make new one.100_2022.jpg100_2023.jpg100_2024.jpg100_2025.jpg100_2026.jpg100_2027.jpg100_2030.jpg100_2031.jpg100_2032.jpg

nattieleather

Just use some Wolmanized wood porch flooring...it's going to get painted OD so nobody will know it's not Oak. I'm sure they have a Home Desperate in your neck of the woods where you could get it cheep enough. Tell the Commander that you'll be made fun of and all the other kids will make fun of you if you don't...of course if your Commander is anything like mine...she'll just laugh at me and say tough! LOL!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I was thinking that you might get the metal floor hold down strips from the same people that sell these REPRODUCED for the people that are restoring old pick ups that had wood floors.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Anyone wanna see real pictures from a real camera - still just cleaning up and cutting stuff out like the running board/threshold plates to make new one.View attachment 485214View attachment 485215View attachment 485216View attachment 485217View attachment 485218View attachment 485219View attachment 485220View attachment 485221View attachment 485222
I have this feeling that I now have about 1K pounds less of a vehicle than I started with?:roll:

Wonder where that yucky yeller paint on the front fender came from?

Zout are you sure my truck's not gonna disappear into thin air??:naner:

Seriously though...I'm impressed Bro...and I thank you for your efforts to save this ole girl!:papabear:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks