• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thanks for you folks signing in - was not and am not looking for you to say anything just so you know but just wanted to see who is stopping in to check it out. The thanks is appreciated.
I was going to check out Debs jeepy to see if her bumperettes would match up to what should be on the back of the K - but she was keeping an eye on me last night to make sure I did not go anywhere near her jeep (tomorrow is another day).
By the time the CAMO crew shows up tomorrow I may be able to get the paint roller and spray bondo work done to make it look like them fake pictures show how it is suppose to look. If I hang clear plastic up where the windows are suppose to be he might not notice that either.
He's still in for a shock when he shows up and I know he hates surprises. HAHAHAHA
I may just try to wiggle me fat arse back thru the trailer with some of the jeepies back to the remains of the WC-4 and see if it has any bumperetts.:whistle: May not fit anyway.:papabear:

PureMayhem

Ok, I am an official lurker today after I noticed how many pages this thread has AND upon investigation I find out the truck is a COE!!. I LOVE old COE's!!! and one day I will own and old COE. I want to make a car hauler out of one.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ok, I am an official lurker today after I noticed how many pages this thread has AND upon investigation I find out the truck is a COE!!. I LOVE old COE's!!! and one day I will own and old COE. I want to make a car hauler out of one.
OK, I agree COEs are cool and a car hauler is even cooler...like the one "Counts Customs" on TV has.

BUT!!!!!! PLEASE don't consider making one out of a K-18...they are just too rare, and besides it's only a 1 1/2 ton.[thumbzup]

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, what year was the DB-71 made. Please PM me the "right money" figure but be sure I've had my heart medicine first.:papabear:
Both BD-71's were made under a Philadelphia-43 contract, by the same company "Leich Electric Company". One of them came complete with a photocopy of the Dutch translation of the operator's manual.

zout

You better hurry up and find a K-19 PB - or do you want me to start making a double decker K-18 ??

Parts came today that were first ordered - two more orders coming in with just some small parts is all. Windshield frame seal/fame connector braces/cowl vent gasket and the windshield center connector bar.

Started raining just as soon as I left work and has just been continuing on so - cleaned up a little in the garage - got the wood I had hiding in the back of the K tossed on the saw horses (I just learned that word what they are) now I have to stand up to cut that crap - I really liked sitting on my arse before - but I do not have to reach as far for a Sponsors Liquid Refreshment tho.

There is a shot of this stuff with that crappy PAINT on them like YOU KNOW WHO destroyed his flooring with - you decide the difference on this stuff but it stays WOOD with the clear finish unless I am ordered otherwise.
What is cut out so far are the front corners of the box to door openings - the other swing door cover panel - the passenger side panel from swing door over wheel well to rear of side. I still need to lay it in there to cut out the regulator crank holes - once this fits right all I have to do is reverse the panel to the drivers side and make sure all is good and cut a second one off this template (call it cheating - but I call that smart thinkin).

Here ya go troopers.IMG_1619.jpgIMG_1620.jpgIMG_1621.jpgIMG_1622.jpgIMG_1623.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You better hurry up and find a K-19 PB - or do you want me to start making a double decker K-18 ??
Parts came today that were first ordered - two more orders coming in with just some small parts is all. Windshield frame seal/fame connector braces/cowl vent gasket and the windshield center connector bar.
Started raining just as soon as I left work and has just been continuing on so - cleaned up a little in the garage - got the wood I had hiding in the back of the K tossed on the saw horses (I just learned that word what they are) now I have to stand up to cut that crap - I really liked sitting on my arse before - but I do not have to reach as far for a Sponsors Liquid Refreshment tho.
There is a shot of this stuff with that crappy PAINT on them like YOU KNOW WHO destroyed his flooring with - you decide the difference on this stuff but it stays WOOD with the clear finish unless I am ordered otherwise.
What is cut out so far are the front corners of the box to door openings - the other swing door cover panel - the passenger side panel from swing door over wheel well to rear of side. I still need to lay it in there to cut out the regulator crank holes - once this fits right all I have to do is reverse the panel to the drivers side and make sure all is good and cut a second one off this template (call it cheating - but I call that smart thinkin).
Here ya go troopers.View attachment 496111View attachment 496112View attachment 496113View attachment 496114View attachment 496115
I remember reading that when Yellow Coach was building THIS PARTICULAR K-18C, the regular wood installation feller was out because his wife was gonna get pregnant and he wanted to be there, so they asked a local cabinet maker to help out and that rascal used clear sealer on the wood.:shock: Since this unit was headed for Wake Island and some heavy stuff was happening, they just left it that way....at least that's what BabyBear told me he heard from Jinx the cat.:shrugs:

Besides, the next owner can always bring the truck up to MVPA nit picker standards after I have croaked.

jasonjc

Paint the wood floor???? I have 2 M109A3's and I don't think the floors in those are painted or the floor in my M129A2. I think they are just oiled , I mite be wrong thought.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Paint the wood floor???? I have 2 M109A3's and I don't think the floors in those are painted or the floor in my M129A2. I think they are just oiled , I mite be wrong thought.
No. The floor is already done in beautiful clear finish. We are talking about the plywood panels that surround the interior walls of the truck box.

zout

Yeah - the side panels are starting to have a very nice patina to see it - BU!!T - it looks just like Bud Lite stain dribbled and waterfall effect - the clear finish should be able to highlite these :naner:Deb finally told me your not suppose to sit wet beer cans on new untreated wood - some very nice perfect circles on some of them as well. I need some suction cups to put on some empties so I can hang them on the walls to cover up the circle stains. Or I could just epoxy the cans on and let CAMO try to get them off :beer:

zout

HEY - you must have thought I was kidding you - I almost never hide my screwups - I have more fun laughing at myself first to beat you all to it - then its all just after effects but I can still laugh with you.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thanks to glassk, we now have a military PA system and record player to add to the truck. Zout may need to add a couple of spring leafs in the rear!!:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks