• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, I can't believe the progress you've made on that truck! You really do great work. It will be great to see the finished product.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The progress is amazin! Thanks for sharin the pics. Gives a sense of accomplishment to us couch potatoes. I know she will be beautiful when she is done, yet the journey gettin there is part of the adventure!;-)

God bless,
Tony

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The progress is amazin! Thanks for sharin the pics. Gives a sense of accomplishment to us couch potatoes. I know she will be beautiful when she is done, yet the journey gettin there is part of the adventure!;-)

God bless,
Tony
Ain't it the truth Brother Tony?? We couch potatoes need fellers like Zout to show us what we could do if we knew how...or had the stamina....LOL

I've learned it's better to let an expert do something than try to do it myself...and then pay an expert to fix my mistakes...and then fix the original problem.:roll:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Gatorbill, looks like your AO is about 2 hours away from Louisville, Kentucky. Maybe if we get bored at the MVPA Convention we can make a road trip to your place and see your K-18 and the BC-325 Radio Set??
Maybe I can take you out to lunch or dinner and leave Zout and the boyz at your place to....er..."transfer accountability" of some of your stuff??:naner:

Does your truck have the fugly front brush guard??:drool:

zout

Yours will have the brush guard on it just be patient IFS and I already have the dimensions stored away.

Windshield glass just got sent out to get cut so we are not far away on getting the windshield back in it.

Going to attempt to get the back windows roped in tonight - need that second pair of hands on the outside holding onto my glass suction cups - the seal is not once piece - it is split, but eithe way you need that second pair of hands. Once this is done I can finish that back wall and get all those covers in place.

Access holes through the flooring need to be drilled out for the trailer light cord adn both tail lights along with the fuel tank fill pipe - once the harness's are through the holes can be caulked. So out of all that pile I got cleaned up last night those 4 swing door bars can get put on as well.

Sure can't wait till I get my grubby paws on that cab interior - PB took all the seat cushions to get them re-done Saturday so I better make it look good.

zout

I will have more patience now - now that this is done - now I have to find something else to bitch about when it rains.
Got little done on the truck - screens blasted off and painted and installed and them brace shelf thingies on the doors. Got the glass for the windshield back today - started working on the frame when I saw one of the squirrels driving the bobcat.IMG_1646.jpgIMG_1647.jpgIMG_1648.jpgIMG_1649.jpgIMG_1650.jpgIMG_1651.jpgIMG_1653.jpgIMG_1654.jpgIMG_1655.jpgIMG_1656.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK...so does this mean I don't need to bring the backhoe/bobcat/D-4 up?? And besides...where did the pup that looks sorta like BabyBear come from? HUH??

PLUS... I would get some grass planted FAST or you may have more issues that before.:whistle:

But...back on track....thanks for the outstanding work on the K-18...maybe we can eventually figure out what those brace thingys on the doors are for!:shrugs:

zout

That makes sense - there are holes on each end all the way through each brace like a locking pin would slide into them at either height.

That's a lot better than what my stupid idea was - but it was soo stupid I only told a couple folks so I do not feel so bad unless they go blah blah it on here :papabear:

I brought the windshield frame into work to center punch them hinge piviot holes where I had to cut off the screws - besides get it into a real vise to pull those broken off braces from the ends. I am going to drill a couple 1/8th in holes just to relieve the pressure off them. Brought the new braces with me :).

zout

That is the neighbors dog - its a Vizila ??? awesome dog. When he is outside the dog goes MIA over to my house cause I giver her Bud Lite - at least he always knows where she will be.

Got the windshield frame all done here - get glass in it tonight and the seal and center bar. That will make a huge visual impact on the truck. Gotta throw down some grass seed tonight as well after driving around with the tractor and a pallet cleaning up that area.

zout

When PB comes up next time - I am hiding my steps for the M909 (cause there is enough there to make two of them.

With the rocker panels by the two swing doors rotted out there sure were no signs of holes - but those swing door braces surely have holed in them - how they mount stored is another story.

zout

Anyone forget the motorcycle I had to repair at the same time all this was going on - well here is where I am at with that.
Pics of the K because that overrules any two wheeler. SURPRISE PBIMG_1664.jpgIMG_1665.jpgIMG_1666.jpgIMG_1667.jpgIMG_1668.jpgIMG_1669.jpgIMG_1671.jpgIMG_1672.jpgIMG_1673.jpgIMG_1674.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks