• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

ducer

This is just an observation but I think you have the tail lights in upside down. The large lense is supposed to on top (wired for brake and turn signal lights) small lense on bottom (wired for running lights). Yea, I've installed a few dozen of the ford style duolamp.

Denny

zout

Ducer - yeah I know - TWM also pointed that out to me as well. They are just sitting in the holes anyhow for now - so now that I have that back glass in I can finish the back wall (no more rain coming in).

Got a birthday party for the youngest squirrell tonight and another B'day party Sat for Dinger65's wife to attend. See if I can get that windshield hung and finished before this weekend sealing up the cab now as well.

PB still has some small parts coming in and waiting on those.
Still lots more little things to get buttoned up for now - radiator and fuel tank are still at the vendor (tank was nasty).

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ducer - yeah I know - TWM also pointed that out to me as well. They are just sitting in the holes anyhow for now - so now that I have that back glass in I can finish the back wall (no more rain coming in).
Got a birthday party for the youngest squirrell tonight and another B'day party Sat for Dinger65's wife to attend. See if I can get that windshield hung and finished before this weekend sealing up the cab now as well.
PB still has some small parts coming in and waiting on those.
Still lots more little things to get buttoned up for now - radiator and fuel tank are still at the vendor (tank was nasty).
Zout, I think you have earned a well deserved break from the K18 Brother!!

You are well ahead of schedule and the next event I care about showing the K18 is in August (The Guntruck Gathering), and that's only if we have her running/driving/stopping etc,.

Why don't you just take the rest of the week for personal/family time Bro??

Tony got the bumperetts off the basket case WC-4 and I will get some pics/measurements to see if you think they may work. Maybe we can use our secret "CAMO Express" delivery system to get them up there.

P.S. Don't make me fire up the "ZAPPER" again to make you take a break!!

Last edited:

zout

Our line of transport will work because when your SURPRISE is finished here before the end of the week I need to get it into your hands so that works perfectly for a hand off relay. That is why your da boss Godfather.

AHHH - your typing must have been studdering and encrypted in between them lines - did not see a thing.

rickf

I am sure it was brought up somewhere about 25 pages back but I ain't searching for it. With all of the amazing body work you have done I am wondering why you have left the rear panels alone?

zout

IF your referring to the exterior back end - it was intentional. PB did not want all the dents taken out then making it a museum piece that then would not be allowed to be touched nor sat in or driven - you know what I mean and so did PB when he told me.

He wanted some actual life looking effects that it had actually served as it did - instead of a museum piece. That is not how CAMO operates anyhow because we all want to drive and not afraid to scratch our stuff. There is also a couple other places I left and as far as I have been advised it is exactly how he wants it. The stuff I could not stand I repaired to the overall look.

Just wait till he sticks the NOS antenna that belongs on there and goes into the tree's with it - it will rip the side off it anyhow taking his mind off all the leftover custom made indentions.

If you look way back in the beginning when I got my hands on it PB even put it in writing about the dents.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yup...I only want semi-motor pool ready class vehicles as we use them as teaching/training tools at displays and Veterans events. All of our stuff looks "well used" on purpose.

As I've said before...my/our mission was to rescue a piece of military history and get her presentable to show to the "Average Joe"...

Commander Z has done an excellent job and even fixed a few things I wanted left but what the heck. I can always back it over his tree!:naner:

I'll let the next owner take her to the next level.

Last edited:

nattieleather

Been out of town and away from PC and the Inet for a few days, but I check in every chance I get. I'm very impressed with the work that is getting done on this and think y'all is doing a fine job!

zout

Thanks all for the comments.

Gotta head out as mentioned so it was a very short night.

Windshield frame scrapped - painted - scrapped of debris and outer seal on the frame installed - the vendor who supplied it needs a thumbs up - that was a very nice made seal and quality.
Tail light covers - as mentioned had to make one - so why not make two to match - they need assembled but as far as I am concerned they are done.
Speedo - decal set for gauges - new lense and bezel arrived TODAY for the instrument cluster - NOW THAT BABY is going to look CHERRY when its done and sitting in that dash (not bragging - I just know).
Short & sweet pics for tonight fellasIMG_1675.jpgIMG_1676.jpgIMG_1677.jpgIMG_1678.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Dang!!! You da man Commander!!:beer: This baby is gonna end up being near museum quality whether I want it to be or not!!:not worthy:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Carl and Troy came up with 6 nearly new shelter halves they found in the storage buildings to use for seat recovering. They have the "U.S." on them and we intend to have that centered on each seat bottom and back...we'll see how that plays out.
Carl will turn the seats in tomorrow if we don't get ambushed again.

No word on the engine progress except Tony is amassing needed components to put her back together.

I'm willing to bet this truck becomes an almost "DD", daily driver and with my record, there will probably be a few more dents/scratches on her.:roll:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
That pic is an excellent reminder. What a LONNNNNNG way this vehicle has come in such a short time!! My hat is OFF to the amazing work that has been done so darn rapidly!! You just don't realize how MUCH has been done till you look back at what it was! AMAZING!! God bless, Tony
Tony, why do you think we nicknamed Zout "Commander Warp" one night in that chat room?

That feller is like a friggin pit bull...once he attacks...he don't quit. (Well unless the "zapper collar" is energized).:shrugs:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Dave,
Looking amazing as always! And I can't wait for you to start on my M37.

I do have a slight problem though. I drove it to work the other day. An Air Force guy cut in line at the gas station, so I had some terse words with him. Well, turns out he was a pilot and I parked a little close to the range, so....
m37shot2.jpgm37shot.jpg

I'm sure with your skill it will be brand new in no time, so I have no worries!

(actually this poor truck and the one next to it, plus the jeep, are on a range I got to go see recently. I swear there isn't a single part that can be reused. Maybe a few bolts)

ducer

Mr. Zout you are doing one he!! of a job on that poor old Jimmy. P.B. It's gonna be nice so please don't scratch it.

Denny

P.S. I like the wood look please don't tell TWM.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB sounds like you are well on your way to having an awesome WW2 communications display in the back! Even if not 100% correct it will be 110% amazing! I only wish I had some gear to contribute.

zout

Adam -no sweat - little bondo here and there and that customized by crunch 37 will look like - ahhhhh maybe repaired.

Just make sure your stinging pest do not travel with the truck - I have enough of them that have been transplanted to my house.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks