• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Absolutely no overspray on it - garage will get a major blow job tonight with the yard blower - then a second time. Then garage doors get closed and two fans turned on outbound through the windows and the a/c gets turned on (I likey that part). In between I will be taking some more fine tune measurements of the brush guard and lightly white pencil on the K front (comes off PB) and the metal source is standing by to get it for me.

Radiator Done - will deliver when the fuel tank epoxy hardens - they had lots of pin holes to solder up on that baby.

Bike is Pearl Candy White 2k with EURO clear - you wanna see some nice paint watch this baby.

zout

PB and CAMO crew can attest to there is no chit in the paint surface of any of the vehicles I have done - I have sprayed in worse spray booths than spraying in my garage or even out in the open.

As for tonight getting all the parts in 2l high build primer - there is absolutely NOTHING in the primer - wet sand tomorrow night - base coat all pre-stirred up and mixing instructions printed as I did not buy this paint - it was supplied by the owner - just gotta know what your shooting and its mixtures - you cannot guess at this stuff.

One day closer to getting back on project. And boy am I ready.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
http://www.futurecure.com/id103.html

All Paint Spray Booths can be categorized 3 different ways:

1. By cabin (booth) design:
closed face (w/ doors), open face (w/o doors).

2. By airflow design: down draft, cross draft, side draft.

3. By air pressure
: negative, positive.

Georgia spray booth =...Find a nice shade tree with as few bugs as possible within the reach of a garden hose and air line. Use the garden hose to soak the dirt down to minimize the dust and hopefully drive away any bugs etc. Hook up the air line to the sprayer and have at it!
Course the EPA ain't fond of this technique but if they don't see it, it didn't happen.:rules:

Attachments

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Georgia spray booth =...Find a nice shade tree with as few bugs as possible within the reach of a garden hose and air line. Use the garden hose to soak the dirt down to minimize the dust and hopefully drive away any bugs etc. Hook up the air line to the sprayer and have at it!
Course the EPA ain't fond of this technique but if they don't see it, it didn't happen.:rules:
Georgia spray booths are surprisingly similar to Florida spray booths! Parking on the grass (if you got it) is a good may to keep dust down too.

mhassett

I was just wondering, that since a lot of your pictures of your truck project also contain the image of a certain beer.
Perhaps when you finish your resto that you could drive your truck, full of beer of coarse, around the country and stop at each one of our shops that have faithfully followed your progress and share a beer with each of us.
If you decide to do this, just give us a heads up when you come to our shops so that we will be there.
MHassett
Bush, LA

zout

I was really hoping that you would relieve my sponsor of my habit and just give me food stamps just to go re-supply my frig !!!! I accept UPS - Postal - FEDX and even dog sled when time permits.

Just be glad you do not have to supply CROWN for my habit.

Now that I have had a good laugh for the night - just so you know I am not sitting on my haunches and screwing off - getting this bike down so I can get back onto the TARGET vehicle - here are some pics.
Primered last night -went sanded tonight - wiped down twice - blow job again (just to excite PB) 2 coats base - one coat clear.IMG_1714.jpgIMG_1715.jpgIMG_1716.jpgIMG_1717.jpgIMG_1718.jpgIMG_1719.jpgIMG_1720.jpgIMG_1721.jpgIMG_1722.jpgIMG_1723.jpg

sojourner

I was just wondering, that since a lot of your pictures of your truck project also contain the image of a certain beer.
Perhaps when you finish your resto that you could drive your truck, full of beer of coarse, around the country and stop at each one of our shops that have faithfully followed your progress and share a beer with each of us.
If you decide to do this, just give us a heads up when you come to our shops so that we will be there.
MHassett
Bush, LA
Maybe something like this
2011-10-22153012.jpg
2011-10-22153026.jpg
(I didn't get a good shot of the frig unit behind pass seat)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I contacted the Olympic Committee and requested "MV Restoration" be made an annual event even though it's not actually an "athletic event".:lol: I further explained that we already have a major sponsor and that we, as a group contribute greatly to said sponsors capital gain annually.

The Committee send me a reply which basically recommended I take a flying farkel at a rolling donut.:shock::shrugs:

Last edited:

zout

I do get - how many of my sponsors beers went to waste on this bike chit = and just as I imagined through physic abilities it has grown to worse of an ordeal - But its my bed an I will overcome it till done.

So - ANYONE wanting to do "favors" DO NOT DO IT OR GET INVOLVED - it always turns into a bag of chit and a waste of time and energy and makes you never have wanted to get involved in the first place.

As far as the K - I have a couple cool items I got to make the panels pop out and uniform with the unit - more to come on this.
Sunday - helping Swiss with a project and hopefully getting onto getting the crud off the steer axle and steer assembly - Paint - later in the week to the chassis.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well, here's the latest news on the engine.

The good... The second cylinder head we sent to the shop IS NOT cracked.[thumbzup]
The not so good... The head needs new valve guides/seats and intake valves...sorta expected that and Tony is looking to round them up.

Why do I think the rest of the K18 will be ready WAY before the engine is???

The seats were promised delivery on or before the first of July but the feller is KNOWN for not meeting deadlines....LOL

zout

The knucklehead that owns the bike chit is turning into a PIA. He is suppose to have already been here to assemble - what was not understood or stated by him is he is taking it to go get decals on it ! That is something my sons Co. was suppose to be doing and even he did not know he was suppose to wait so his stuff aligned with this other co/s decals ????? If I have my way it may never come back.

Got a piece of alum panel separating bar to get into the roof of the K - and also one for the last piece to be in the front of the box (about 8 inches wide) so that gets a connector strip as well.
Will get some WILD DOG mixed up and get onto the scraping and pressure washing of the front chassis area - paint frame is not far behind now.
Will try to get that windshield hung and the crank mechanism in as well - I have to stand up on the ground through the empty engine space and poke my beaky head under the dash to reach it all - good time to spray down that cowl vent mechanism and free it up.

Just lots of little stuff that needs tidying up is all.

Great news on the cyl head PB - I expected whatever older head you got would need the valve job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks