• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

I think there are going to be some hacked up CUCV toppers in the near future with other folks wanting to do this once they see what your building.

I still am not happy with the box interior believe it or not - I used the SilkaFlex caulk which is awesome stuff and its the only color I had - the vertical stuff is going to get painted black - the floor area are going to get brushed in OD TM paint - then I will be happy - I will do this inbetween one of my Sponsers BEERS :).

Today at work is going to be a total biyatcha day and I will want to bang on something when I get home - so I see the underside floor getting undercoated - wheel wells coated pre frame painting. And get that dang last window in the back.

goldneagle

I think there are going to be some hacked up CUCV toppers in the near future with other folks wanting to do this once they see what your building.

I still am not happy with the box interior believe it or not - I used the SilkaFlex caulk which is awesome stuff and its the only color I had - the vertical stuff is going to get painted black - the floor area are going to get brushed in OD TM paint - then I will be happy - I will do this inbetween one of my Sponsers BEERS :).

Today at work is going to be a total biyatcha day and I will want to bang on something when I get home - so I see the underside floor getting undercoated - wheel wells coated pre frame painting. And get that dang last window in the back.
Sikaflex comes in many colors. You just need to find the proper source. It is basically a polyurethane calk (my favorite) Here is a link that has the color samples: http://www.coastal-fla.com/shop/sikaflex-1a-10oz/

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Got Swiss piece pulled out because he donated the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to the SB392 fund for getting it done and I owe my BRO to get it done - for those thinking I have something against CUCV's keep your eye on this baby what Swiss has in mind to do to it. Swiss should copywrite it and ya all owe him after this.

Seems like I have a hand in this project. Along with Wreckerman Delivery service. I think we need a cut of the action. ;-)

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
(see hot hot it is in the box even with a fan blowing) (like being in a microwave oven with the fan on high heat)

Looks like a cool afternoon temp with a breeze for south TX. I guess you guys do have some humidity though. At least that's how I remember Ft Benning in July doing PT.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems like I have a hand in this project. Along with Wreckerman Delivery service. I think we need a cut of the action. ;-)
Yes Sir Warthog you were the doner and Wreckerman was a key in the logistics. The evil empire plan is coming together stay tuned! I may start another thread on the topic as we move forward.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ya know what?? Somebody has to bring the Commander another project or we won't have anything to look forward to each day!!:popcorn:

I'm gonna put the Crew out looking in the woods again. I betcha there is a poor lonely rare MV out there just waiting to be saved by the Commanders magic!:beer:

zout

Zout has Adams 37 next on the agenda - and the good part is it fits IN the garage with FANS directly on me to kick butt on it. I am sure Adam and friends expect no less than perfection when it drives out. BUT - that is after I am happy with my work on the K-18.

Ya know what - I never knew caulk came in different colors ?????????????? WOW what a awakening.
Its what I had as I get this in cases and I can get it for nearly NO COST. IF I could buy a couple tubes of color after looking it sure does not come in TM Ordinance #8 to match the color of the K-18 - If I had to buy it it add's to the overall budget of the truck which CAMO surely does not want to do. What a revelation.

Got the two roof vents cut in - got the HAND PAINTING of the caulk on the wheel wells done - I will go to Homey to match the flooring color and I already have black for the vertical area's to get this asthetically eye pleasing overall.

Helper for getting the second glass installed putzed out as they were bitchin it was TOOOOOO hot for them - so I may wind up doing this myself (which absolutely fits how I work anyhow cause you cannot trust no-one to come through for you).
Will get onto the underside spraying tomorrow night.
After today with what was going on at work I needed a MAJOR break (and only a couple know what's going on that will totally F up your day).

Here are some pics fellas.IMG_1756.jpgIMG_1757.jpgIMG_1758.jpgIMG_1759.jpg

zout

When CAMO finally picks it up the truck will be supplied with Big Boy Pampers and Big Boy drooling wipe pads. Those are just for DOC - let me know what I need for you fellas.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey are those roof vents the same ugly rusty nasty vents that were laying on the sandblast table Sunday??

sweeetttttttt

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Tony had to order exhaust valves today. The feller at the shop thought the old ones would clean up but the ended up being pitted too badly and he's afraid to use them!!

I'm out looking for a part time job to pay for this engine work!!:oops:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heard WM is looking for extras for a production coming up PB. With your multitude of talents, your bound to be selected, maybe even a part for Tony and BB?

God bless
Tony

zout

WM had a part open for a Zombie terrorist in a pink TUTU last time I heard - right up your alley Bro with your "hidden talents". Not saying I will ever let any of my 5 squirrels watch but eh - its money. Go on Victory drive an pimp yourself out for quick cash otherwise. BUT EH - WM can make a movie of that as well.

Got the underside bed and cross-members undercoated with 8 cans of spray shown way back what I was using.
Got the frame - differential - all in TM #8 all the way to the back end of the cab, When I am done with that cab re-inforcements each side I will finish the od.

Will get soldier B to help get the rear glass in tomorrow night - fuel tank original was for chit and worthless - my vendor as far as I know last call today before noon was coming up with a replacement and all we need is a fill port in the same area and a feed line - CAMO could care less how much fuel is in the tank and useless to spend mega bucks on a sender on a replacement tank and port - any questions ask PB. Radiator as stated is FINE and done and will get delivered with the tank. Just gotta have patience as it all works out in the end.

The Swiss stuff for his bikini topper - we'll start a different thread on this to break it away from the K work - works for me.
NO pics of the underside but just a couple shots of the wheel wells in undercoating and the rear dual rim & tire painted up ready for install to make all ya happy she is on dual wheels once again.DSCN0031.jpgDSCN0032.jpgDSCN0038.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I've been throwing away the receipts you send me cause I don't want to know how much we have into her, that way I can refuse any offer anyone makes.:D

I know that does not make since to most fellers but it makes perfect since to someone like me who has no intention of selling her before croak time!:papabear:

zout

Soldier B volunteered up to help me with that last back window tonight when she gets home.
Will get a fan in the cab and finish off both of those floor area's and just maybe get the paint finished up in the engine compartment - front underside chassis and interior remainder of the cab - then start figuring out where them floor panels lay out.

Then dig that piece of alum I have to pick at that cover for the roof vent - hopefully I do not hack that up like the rest of it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We SHOULD have all the new engine parts in by next Wednesday and we SHOULD have the seats back on or around the 1st of July then we can finish slapping this ole girl back together and give her some "face time" with the public!:tank:

We will of course rebuild the entire brake system before installing the engine as things will be easier to get to.

I'm already trying to figure a load plan to get WWII stuff to the GA Rally in October.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks