• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW. Go away for a week, and stuff happens. The "K" is looking good Zout. Can't wait to see her in person again.

zout

Thanks John I appreciate the kind words.

Tonight got the pass through vent cut in and the vent itself cleaned up and painted.
If you can see the difference in the box your paying attention.
Got the cab flooring done and ready for paint tomorrow night along with the engine compartment.
Got the rear glass pulled in and zipper strip yet to get locked in.
Pics from underside work last night to tease you.
Got the drivers door lock thingy on.
Probably got more done but I cannot remember. DSCN0041.jpgDSCN0042.jpgDSCN0043.jpgDSCN0044.jpgDSCN0045.jpgDSCN0046.jpgDSCN0047.jpgDSCN0048.jpgDSCN0049.jpgDSCN0050.jpg

zout

Now that - that nightly blah blah blah is done - I will be getting a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 plywood to layout the front 2 PIECE brush guard - and yes it is two piece.

All metal bends will be made off this - metal expected next week which is perfect as my sawhorses are good to go for metal once again - I will be happy to smell wood burning under influence of fabricating metal once again.

K does not go South Bound till the brush guard is DONE and Zout is satisfied. I have enlisted the Sheriff to make sure all compliance is followed.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB, PM me your address I just acquired a (I believe WW2) radio headset from a retired Navy Chief-FOR FREE!

zout

Swiss - its an Apache sitting behind a Speed Limit Enforced by Aircraft Sign - they do no kid around about speeders there.

Will get the front chassis in primer and no doubt in paint tonight after covering up the dash and steering wheel - also the inside cab area/wall etc.
Once it cools down I will get back in the box to zipper in that glass.

When I took the pics of the underside of the chassis last night I was in full tilt mode as usual - when I got off the ground to start standing up - my head went directly into the bottom of the cargo door full length of my noggin - after a few minutes I was able to see again and the flashing dots in my eyes lightened up - I think that's go to leave a mark for a while. Man that smarted & stupid.

If Swiss visits again I can sure use my garage cleaned up again to get ready to lay out the board for the metal.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My MIL always bugs me for one of those signs...

I can't wait to hear her run and see her move for the first time under her own power again. Love it when vehicles come back to life.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout I know the head hurts- I tried to move the frame of the 5 ton when I was prepping for the trip to Haspin. I just laid there for a while, until the underside of the 5 ton stopped spinning.:doh:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Swiss - its an Apache sitting behind a Speed Limit Enforced by Aircraft Sign - they do no kid around about speeders there.

Will get the front chassis in primer and no doubt in paint tonight after covering up the dash and steering wheel - also the inside cab area/wall etc.
Once it cools down I will get back in the box to zipper in that glass.

When I took the pics of the underside of the chassis last night I was in full tilt mode as usual - when I got off the ground to start standing up - my head went directly into the bottom of the cargo door full length of my noggin - after a few minutes I was able to see again and the flashing dots in my eyes lightened up - I think that's go to leave a mark for a while. Man that smarted & stupid.

If Swiss visits again I can sure use my garage cleaned up again to get ready to lay out the board for the metal.
Incidents like that are Exactly why we make Doc wear a steel pot (helmet) when he is working at the Compound. Want me to send ya one via CAMO Express?:papabear:

zout

Here is where I got tonight after the thunderstorm - and my yard is no longer in my driveway whooooo hooo.
That wire at the end was something was throwing away and I snatched it up - its the NEW copper wire for the hood bonding - REMEMBER !!!!!
Played around with the flooring to see how it goes just for giggles - it will stay out till CAMO installs the engine - unless I just feel like po'ing them off and bolt the chit out of it and tighten it all down with my right arm :).

That pretty much all covered tonights actions folks - wish there was more but I am just too lazy.DSCN0051.jpgDSCN0052.jpgDSCN0053.jpgDSCN0054.jpgDSCN0055.jpgDSCN0056.jpgDSCN0061.jpgDSCN0062.jpgDSCN0063.jpg couple last pics of the nose are for me and you have nothing to do with it and its showing nothing new - METAL comes next TUESDAY for the brush guard and these are for me laying out the pattern on the chit arse p o s woody thingy. Will be happy will I can take a torch to it.

zout

I got all the bike parts re-done this morning by 7:30 - grass and field cut while the clearcoat hardened up a bit - I want this chit off my property as soon as I can.

Drug out that alum to work on the shield above the roof vent exterior - I just keep looking at it and I kinda just like it the way it is ????????????????? No one really knew what vent was in there but the shield we see - and the one I have opens really far to vent the cab when driving and just sitting. Need the owners input here on this one fellas as its not mine and even if we had an original cover it may not fit right either - and she looks good just as she is.

Stated pulling in the zipper on the second back window - and with this type of seal you have to be careful - and PLOP - out goes the window on the ground with only a foot of zipper to get tucked in - HEY PB - your K had some extreme vulgar words said to it this morning BTW and it did not listen. Got the window in by myself and will wait till later to attempt zipper poking #2.

Fellas - we are really really close to handing off for the hard work to CAMO for the engine install - brakes and whatever Tony has to fix I totally screwed up. Hopefully I get the fuel tank next week and the radiator is just sitting there for both to get done.

Popping the hood here in a little while to get the engine compartment/firewall shot in TM 8

zout

Pics of the POS bike crap - got it out of the garage so I could move on to more important things - folks wonder why I do not do this as a sideline - I AM SICK OF PEOPLE and they are cheap MO FO's and nit pic everything - and the worse ones are the ones with NO money or living off me to get free chit anyhow. I would just as soon do what I am doing to help my "friends" and at least I know they appreciate the labor and effort it takes.

Got lots done on the K - just lack of pics is all - you can see how HOT the nose was and I was nearly burned out anyhow with still a nasty headache and a huge LUMP on my noggin - from what I hear what does not kill ya makes ya stronger -= ?????? bring them folks to me whoever said that and let me slam their head onto the bottom of a door skin.

Got that FREE hood bonding wire in - man that looks sweet and not bragging but it looks good. Got two areas in the cab touched up on paint when it was nearly O dark thirty last night when I sprayed.

Tomorrow - head to HOMEY and get a sheet of 4x8 plywood - you will see what takes place - spray the front end underchassis and sit back and have a brewshi from my sponsor.DSCN0064.jpgDSCN0065.jpgDSCN0066.jpgDSCN0067.jpgDSCN0068.jpgDSCN0080.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Reference the front vent cover...and I've said this before...I LOVE it just like it is!! PLEASE don't mess with it anymore. I don't care about the cover. Besides folks will be so busy looking at all the other really cool stuff you've done to the truck to even notice...and THAT's even if they KNEW there was supposed to be a cover.:beer:

Tin Medic

I would just as soon do what I am doing to help my "friends" and at least I know they appreciate the labor and effort it takes. I was nearly burned out anyhow with still a nasty headache and a huge LUMP on my noggin
I'm sure nobody appreciates your work more than PB.

Oh yea, stop using your head to fix dents, or did you make a dent???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks