• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

No doubt - I have a dent in the top of my head from stupidity last night and a tooth missing from bashing into the M43B1 when I was working on it that knocked it out. Carry on is my motto.

zout

Engine compartment shot in TM 8 from upper side and underneath. Got the chassis front underside and topside shot as well. Painted the last two floor panels - the wood is the center section in between the seats for the shifter - the MIA PTO lever.

Got the tire PB brought up mounted up as well to get its profile in order - I just know this was bothering a lot of you waiting to see it finally mounted :).
Heading over to Homey here in a little while to get that 4x8 sheet of 3/4 plywood as its suppose to be in the upper 90's here and I want to be in the garage in the vicinity of both fans blowing working on this piece - ya'll will see whats happening hopefully tonight with a few pics.DSCN0081.jpgDSCN0082.jpgDSCN0083.jpgDSCN0084.jpgDSCN0085.jpgDSCN0086.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Man she looks good.:beer: Guess it's time for us slackers down here to get the engine ready to cram back in the engine compartment.:roll:

Tony said some more parts came in yesterday so maybe we are getting close to what we need to: :grd:

zout

Sounds like its all coming together down there as well PB - great news.

I sure would hate to be building a house now a days - holy chit the price of lumber is outrageous - and I hate wood anyhow. You can see what I got because I am a cheap son of a b and just using it as a template anyhoe.

Had it laid flat up against the front - and yes it was centered as well (not fun doing by yourself but I like it that way). Got the basics transferred onto the wood for centering - you can see the pics I printed for reference's and guidlines - but there are NO direct frontal shots of brush guards but I am pretty sure I have its pattern down correctly.

Metal coming in Tue and I am going to be screwing off with the CAMO crew come Thur to Sat - so nothing is getting done but just laid out and cut out till then - saving my Popeye strength to be walking around up there - but sure am looking forward to that cookout the member is having.
Here are the pics - you folks are smart enough to figure out what's happening.DSCN0090.jpgDSCN0091.jpgDSCN0092.jpgDSCN0093.jpgDSCN0094.jpg

zout

Anyone wanting one of PB's K Tee Shirt get a hold of the fellas here - They might be willing to get it in a different color T for ya but the same graphics: https://plus.google.com/108805984365192871441/about

TWM - you are not going to believe how destructive I can be to wood - torch on it - weld on it - hammer on it with a REAL hammer and just maybe torch it some more just to smell it burn. Painting it BURN color -charcoal toasted.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are some nice photos of the grill in relation to the truck and people. Have been blessed to see a bit of your work here Commander, and have confidence that it will be on same parr or better!! PB and the K are lucky to have you!! (Really, is wood that bad? Can't you forgive and forget? What did wood ever do to you that was so terrible??????rofl) Awaiting further amazement here in the couch potato section. THANKS for sharing the TONS of pics!

God bless,
Tony

zout

March - ever see that movie CITY SLICKERS - where he thinks he got bit in his arse by a rattlesnake and as I know him Pallidon is asked to suck the venom out.

Well - seeing how you asked I will tell you - I got a sliver a long time ago and is pussed up really bad and got infected and nasty looking. Well - I hate doctors worse than I hate wood so I took a razor blade and cut the nasty thing and had to suck out all the bad stuff. I never forgot that moment. It was yellow pussy slimy looking and smelled - so therefore wood is on my list of not wanting to ever touch.

I do appreciate the great confidence and how you think the build is going - some day I may be able to live up to even my own expectations.

Stay tuned couch potato - really cool things coming to a close that buts this baby all together - nice thing is - PB and CAMO have the worse job - getting the engine in and brake system functional. I only did the easy chit.

jasonjc

uploadfromtaptalk1403463393615.jpgGet job so far can't wait to see it done! Hope too it in person someday.

I just seen a pic in another thread and I think it looks like the "K".

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I would love to get a look at the inside of the box just to see how he has it laid out.

zxmedic has replied to a PM I sent earlier today and I sent requested info...thanks guys!!:beer:

RAYZER

Man, this truck looks sweet!
Great job on the cosmetics zout!
I don't know if this has been mentioned but, if there was someone that had one of these that would be willing to remove a grill guard and trace it out on a piece of 1/8" door skin and ship it to you, it would save a lot of guess work.
But I'm sure you can figure it out from the pics.
I really look forward to seeing this jewel at the GR!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Man, this truck looks sweet!
Great job on the cosmetics zout!
I don't know if this has been mentioned but, if there was someone that had one of these that would be willing to remove a grill guard and trace it out on a piece of 1/8" door skin and ship it to you, it would save a lot of guess work.
But I'm sure you can figure it out from the pics.
I really look forward to seeing this jewel at the GR!
Ray, we've tried to find someone to do that with no joy. I believe zout has made enough computations based on the pics and measurements on the truck to get the job done in his usual outstanding manner.

Anyhoo, the purpose of the truck is to represent the Army Signal Corp and the brave fellers that used "off the shelf" stuff early in the war to get the job done as best they could.

That's the same spirit we are using here.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks