• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Can't believe ya all let this thread go - we have fun for a couple days and ya all slack off ?????????

Jim - thanks for sending PB's headset over to me and I will make sure he gets it for his display - pic attached.DSCN0133.jpg

I would have bought a couple more items at the MVPA thingy but they were all covered in GOLD DUST - got a couple things for PB's K just to add more little detail to it and I am happy. See if I can manage to get my lazy butt down to the garage today after a last couple three days of screwing off with PB-Harry and Tony.

You all should ask PB HOW MANY folks we ran into up at the MVPA KY event that knew about - heard about - seen or worked in a K-18 - its amazing - BTW - from how much folks wanted for tiny pieces of what belongs on it - PRICE JUST doubled for the truck.

zout

And its not even noon yet !!!! Here is some work this morning - got in the house about 3am this morning - but having some parts in hand from the MVPA they were calling to me to be installed so here ya go couch potato fellas waiting to see some more progress.
PB bought a Filled Fire Ext time period. Welting for the hood (I made a good buy and trade off a roll of 100 ft so I could get 8 ft) Wiper blades - Found some original tail light glass lenses along with the bezel - and these are the correct one.

Started back on the brush guard - and after a relaxing 3 days I wanted to destroy some more wood to take my pent up stupid driver frustration out on - its working.DSCN0134.jpgDSCN0135.jpgDSCN0136.jpgDSCN0137.jpgDSCN0138.jpgDSCN0139.jpgDSCN0140.jpgDSCN0141.jpgDSCN0142.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sooooooo glad you are back at it! Glad ya had fun on your outing. Us Couch Potatoes were running out of chips and dip. Wheeew! Looks sharp.
God bless
Tony

nattieleather

Besides the cost of membership being well expensive to say the least and all the parts being made of OD covered gold I decided to stay away from the convention this year. Glad you found some things you need. I was going to post some smarty-pants thing while you were gone, but decided it would not come across in this medium in the spirit it would have been meant in so I didn't post. Just gave you the time to enjoy your trip.

zout

Alternative thinking is always welcome :).

Gave up the ghost about 1:40 this afternoon - just too pooped to continue on and I'll probably wind up welding my fingers or arm to something and Zout 2 would just laugh at me anyhow.
Kept after the brush guard - ahhhh thinking I will have one good FULL night into finishing this up in pre-finish stage just to final fit and adjust - then rip it off and acid wash it - 2k metal prime it and paint it and then remount it.

I still have the arms to get that mount to the firewall and mount to the lower section of the grill - THEN - there are two links that connect off these rods and go to the upper section - so then when you want to access the engine compartment you unhook the upper link at the brush gurard and lower it (yes it has a full hinge on it) WA-LA - MAGIC DSCN0143.jpgDSCN0144.jpgDSCN0145.jpg and also a word from my sponsor.

zout

You fellas must have bumped your heads lately - time off ?? this last 3 days was more than I have had in a long time enjoying myself and I have an awesome truck in front of me that needs completion - Zout does not understand the term relax except walking to the cooler for another sponsors liquid refreshments to continue on with the MISSION. When the mission is over I get to stand back and watch who likes what and who thinks what about it and who would have done this chit and done that chit (still not donations in the pot PB)

If I need to explain how I work you just don't get it - or could not withstand it being here - so just better off ya all watch.

AND - I have learned CAULK comes in different colors - now how cool is that ???????????????rofl

Wolfen

You fellas must have bumped your heads lately - time off ?? this last 3 days was more than I have had in a long time enjoying myself and I have an awesome truck in front of me that needs completion - Zout does not understand the term relax except walking to the cooler for another sponsors liquid refreshments to continue on with the MISSION. When the mission is over I get to stand back and watch who likes what and who thinks what about it and who would have done this chit and done that chit (still not donations in the pot PB)

If I need to explain how I work you just don't get it - or could not withstand it being here - so just better off ya all watch.

AND - I have learned CAULK comes in different colors - now how cool is that ???????????????rofl
Just don't go off half Caulked Zout.

zout

This should be under Joke of the Day thread.
Found this web site and started searching for that LIFE magazine that shows a K-18 & K-19 on its front cover.

I think someone did some manipulations and photo copying to fake one - because I still cannot locate that magazine that might still be able to be bought to read more than what we can find out.
For sure more than I have seen that LIFE Magazine picture - so here ya go if you want to search: http://www.oldlifemagazines.com/clearance/

As well - it may have been a special edition - but from the pics we have found you cannot read a subscription date on it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!!![thumbzup]

I never saw anything so friggin fugly look SOOOOOOOOOO frigin BEAUTIFUL!!!:not worthy:

Zout, at our very next meeting you are gonna get a big wet juicy kiss...

I think I just had an organism!!:papabear:!!!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!!![thumbzup]

I never saw anything so friggin fugly look SOOOOOOOOOO frigin BEAUTIFUL!!!:not worthy:

Zout, at our very next meeting you are gonna get a big wet juicy kiss...

I think I just had an organism!!:papabear:!!!
Can I sell tickets to the blessed event?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks