• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

The radiator shop bold face lied to me this entire time they had the rad and fuel tank - fuel tank I know was beyond repair and PB knows what he is going to do so that is not a problem.

I ran down after being ticked off at the tag office and took my frustration out on that scab bag - I know the rad is good - it just needed cleaning - it has not been touched this entire time - his phone and business card is in my waste basket and deleted from my vendors list.

There is still one more that does awesome work - they are picking the radiator up tomorrow and going to expedite it for me.
Outside of finish work to the grille - prime and paint and mount - just a couple really small things need done - I really kind of expect maybe this weekend is walk through - walk around - take array of pics.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The radiator shop bold face lied to me this entire time they had the rad and fuel tank - fuel tank I know was beyond repair and PB knows what he is going to do so that is not a problem.
I ran down after being ticked off at the tag office and took my frustration out on that scab bag - I know the rad is good - it just needed cleaning - it has not been touched this entire time - his phone and business card is in my waste basket and deleted from my vendors list.
There is still one more that does awesome work - they are picking the radiator up tomorrow and going to expedite it for me.
Outside of finish work to the grille - prime and paint and mount - just a couple really small things need done - I really kind of expect maybe this weekend is walk through - walk around - take array of pics.
If they haven't even checked the radiator it may not be as good as we think!:deadhorse: We have an excellent radiator shop here and I know they will treat us right if you wanna wait. It's your call.

Anyhoo...the feller doing the machine work on the engine is in the hospital taking a break so it may be awhile.:shrugs:

Oh...have I told you today what a great grill maker you are Bro??:papabear:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess you could say it is not your day today. I wish we could just sit around on your patio, or mine if you want to come to Texas, and take your frustrations out on a bottle of Crown. Here's to you my friend.

Last edited:

zout

If the grille does not work out - it will make a super modified heavy duty pig flat grille cooker top is all I gotta tell ya - BIGGER PIG. And if he starts squeeling after we toss him on - we'll just close that little flapper on his squeeling butt - waffle pig.

zout

I have a burned up chit arse piece o wood for anyone that wants to buy to make a BRUSH GUARD for a K-18. Buyer pays shipping fee's and the board is FREE.

I believe someone mentioned I needed an EXTERMINATOR ????? that can o Bud always seems to be stalking me and maybe that is what they are talking about ????

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks freeking outstanding Commander. Think back, the first thing we wondered about on this MV was the grill. Now, thanks to you, it is there. :beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Now THAT makes the truck POP!!!:beer:

I just showed the pics to MB and she said "Hey!! That truck looks very nice now", then she gave me a high-five and ask if it had AC?????:roll:

I gotta tell ya...I am HIGHLY IMPRESSED!!!

zout

IF - ya all remember this engine had a hand crank to it right ? I will get a better pic of it when I mount the brush guard but the engine crank hole is dead center and full accessible - the crank is still available as well through the Chevy source we used - same ole same ole. But I knew ya all caught that and were wondering if I would figure it out right ?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im sure someone could put AC in it for ya PB! A man with experience with such projects? Hmmmmm? The fab work is really to be enjoyed and admired. I knew it would be good, but has really become a piece of art!

God bless
Tony

zout

March - if you recall - I installed one of them ac kits in Dinger65's M109A3 back in 2009 - working and will freeze your butt out of the cab on Max.
I'm sure PB will choose wisely and leave ac out of it.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Commander, I was reasoning that if MB asked about A/C in the K, that might mean she would be more inclined to ride in her if she did. You are correct, that is exactly the project I was inferring too. "Happy wife, happy life" =)

God bless
Tony

zout

Get onto the bottom mounting tonight - I already have the steel for both sets of braces - try to get this all arranged out so I can get the upper mounts in then.

The radiator shop picked up the radiator last night late - so that is looking much better to progress onward towards. This is just a paint once it gets back and get it back into place.

Seems like this project on this end is nearly done.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I gotta run over to AL this afternoon and check on the seats, I didn't go check on them yesterday and the feller didn't answer the phone.

Tony found a brand new carb on ebay and we have all the other stuff to put the engine back together when we get the block and head back.

Ya know, even if I didn't have an engine I would drag this truck around and show it to folks just because it's SO FRIGGIN AWESOME!! :papabear:

jasonjc

Boy if I had the $$ I'd be sending ZOUT my M170, HE, could make it right again. He is the master of OD!:not worthy:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks