• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Mounted the lower section of the brush guard - I went to the scrap yard during my lunch and picked up two used pieces that look like the arms out of the hood/firewall area - scrap prices so the deal was good. Had to spend some time grinding and cleaning up the torch marks - cut to length. The other little pieces I only need two of them for the upper section link arms. More to come is all I can say as it was hotter than duck farts down there on the front of that truck when I got home.DSCN0156.jpgDSCN0161.jpgDSCN0162.jpgDSCN0163.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Mounted the lower section of the brush guard - I went to the scrap yard during my lunch and picked up two used pieces that look like the arms out of the hood/firewall area - scrap prices so the deal was good. Had to spend some time grinding and cleaning up the torch marks - cut to length. The other little pieces I only need two of them for the upper section link arms. More to come is all I can say as it was hotter than duck farts down there on the front of that truck when I got home.View attachment 501999View attachment 502000View attachment 502001View attachment 502002
Outstanding as usual.

Looks like you are about to wrap up your part in fine fashion but our part down here is dragging azz!!

Couldn't get the feller at the shop with the seats on the phone yesterday or today so I went over there late this afternoon and caught him in the shop. As soon as he turned around and saw me I KNEW there was something wrong by the panicked look on his face.
Long story short, the bastage put the seats inside the shop when we left them so they wouldn't get wet... and he FORGOT about them til I went by today!!aua He's had three friggin weeks!!

I told the feller he better burn the midnight oil because I am coming back tomorrow at 16:30 and I expect to be made a happy camper!

ALSO...no answer at the machine shop. I assume the owner is still in the hospital or recovering...so that's an authorized absence.:whistle:

Anyhoo...that's my unsatisfactory report for today.:oops:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang PB! You seem to have "Murphy" moved in with ya. =( Anything worth having is worth working for. You just seem to have some uncooperative fellas. Find it hard to believe the seat guy "forgot" about them till you walked in, what with you call in and such. Not all mortals can work at "Commander Warp" speed. Yet, some appear to neglect even tryin. Would rather have the seats 'right' than fast. You got a keen eye and I'm sure you'll be on guard. Hospital? I'd agree, that's an excused leave. LOL

God bless
Tony

zout

PB - My 3 of a kind beat your pair - Radiator shop previously did chit to the radiator - the other shop called me today and after some discussion over the phone I dare suspect the REBUILT radiator with its 5 core returned Monday and Tue at the latest.

We are on key and up to speed here Bro - I'll get that POS fuel tank down and painted and you can have the fellas manipulate it as needed - but it will have the "looks".

Try to get by tomorrow after visiting the Tag office - get home and get onto project as necessary to get the grille mounted up - just trying to make it "fit" and looks like it should. The rest of the stuff is a walk in the park.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB - My 3 of a kind beat your pair - Radiator shop previously did chit to the radiator - the other shop called me today and after some discussion over the phone I dare suspect the REBUILT radiator with its 5 core returned Monday and Tue at the latest.
We are on key and up to speed here Bro - I'll get that POS fuel tank down and painted and you can have the fellas manipulate it as needed - but it will have the "looks".
Try to get by tomorrow after visiting the Tag office - get home and get onto project as necessary to get the grille mounted up - just trying to make it "fit" and looks like it should. The rest of the stuff is a walk in the park.
Oh well, when things don't go right or "on time" I just think of the poor ole girl sitting under that pine tree for over 30 years wishing a Knight in shining armor would save her. Then up pops "Uncle Dave" and in about 100 days or so he transforms her mostly back to her former glory.:beer:

I guess she can wait a few more days or months for us slackers down here to finish off the job.:jumpin:

Last edited:

zout

Ya know I should get an award for just being able to get the exact heat measurement from a Ducks gas release mechanism while walking or waddling right ? Especially with a digital temp gun !!!!:jumpin:

zout

Don't be scrolling for pics tonight - Zout is giving himself a night off and get back on the mission first thing in the morning - really close and I do not want to finish what I need to do stressed out in the heat on the front of it that's directly facing the afternoon sun as well (I am a puss and I admit it - I think they have class's for that) (or therapists). Good time as well to shoot the project for Swiss in primer for him.

The break was permission granted by PB a long time ago I never took :papabear:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Don't be scrolling for pics tonight - Zout is giving himself a night off and get back on the mission first thing in the morning - really close and I do not want to finish what I need to do stressed out in the heat on the front of it that's directly facing the afternoon sun as well (I am a puss and I admit it - I think they have class's for that) (or therapists). Good time as well to shoot the project for Swiss in primer for him.
The break was permission granted by PB a long time ago I never took :papabear:
My Brother, you have Imperial Authorization to take as long a break as you so desire!:beer:

Went over to pick up the seats at 16:30hrs today and the feller only had the back of ONE done!!aua Evidently I expressed my displeasure a little to loud because his bulldog ran outside and hid behind an old truck.:whistle:

Anyhoo...the feller said he would stay until they were finished and I could pick them up tonight, plus he would knock off 50 bucks. I looked at the seat back he had done and it looked so good I just said, "ya know what? It's hot, it's been a long day, (not for me, I didn't do squat), I'll just pick them up Monday. BUT... I won't be taking him anymore work.:mad:

zout

I fully know that displeasure feeling and ya know what - no one else ever gets it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO for one I understand.
Same as the radiator and fuel tank issue - and it is headed to a great end finally.

zout

RickF - On the 109's I built last time I saw was over 880 pictures and over 50,000 views and finally I just asked a mod to delete the entire thread along with all my posts counts as well - I enjoy starting over.

At WOODSTOCK years ago a musician by the name of Issac Hayes played a song called "FREEDOM" it was and still is one of my favorites.
So it is fitting the day before the 4th of July Americas Independence Day I set the K-18 Free - now its up to PB and CAMO crew to really do the hard work to it and bring it into submission - I absolutely await the day to see PB putzing around in the Hooch yard. For now my work is done.

Got her to the top of the hill and had to show the Jokers Wild just how cool this WW2 truck was and let her bask in her shadow.

OK - the two main arms that hold the brush guard - at the firewall these bolts back out and you can lower the lower section of the grill about 3 inches before you totally remove the arms. The upper links both are in with clevis pins - so to lower all you do is remove the clevis at the upper grille and lower - to totally get the link out of harms way - just remove the secondary clevis pin.

The dog - babysitting my neighbors pooch and she is very cool and glad to help him out - Debs headed to Mich so its just me in the doghouse once again.DSCN0164.jpgDSCN0165.jpgDSCN0166.jpgDSCN0167.jpgDSCN0168.jpgDSCN0169.jpgDSCN0170.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks