• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

Tin Medic

If that is the Louisiana maneuvers then you should take a look at the Life Magazine OCT 6 1941 issue. That issue covered the maneuvers and was an 11 page article.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A very good friend of mine works closely with the Patton Museum folks and when he saw this truck was tied to the 3rd Army he started digging. Here is a pic he found...with no additional info...yet:

Photo has a date notation of Apr 91 and possible an location of IN or Indiana. May just be the date the photo was logged in since it is black and white.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
If that is the Louisiana maneuvers then you should take a look at the Life Magazine OCT 6 1941 issue. That issue covered the maneuvers and was an 11 page article.
Oh great...now you tell me!! A couple of different folks at the MVPA Convention had Life Magazines from the early 40's on up but we couldn't determine WHICH month Life posted the pic posted way up in this thread. They were all in sealed plastic so we couldn't just thumb through them either.:(

It would be a real hoot to have that magazine as part of the display for the truck.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
And I was right about it being a northern climate........
You win a free CAMO meal at the GA Rally Porta John!:beer:

While I'm here, let me update yaz.

Tony called the machine shop today to check on the engine work. The feller is out of the hospital but still on the walking wounded list. That's OK and I want to give him his time because he still has stuff ahead of mine and I sure don't want to throw a fit and cause him anymore heart problems.

ON THE OTHER HAND!!! That friggin guy with the seats!!! Tony called him right after lunch and he said the seats were not ready but he would have them done late this evening...sound familiar??
I told Tony, lets go. I'm gonna pick my stuff and let someone else do it and while I'm there I'm gonna rip that #@$!*& out of the frame!

So...when we get to the upholstery shop, the cute lil bull dog came out and didn't even bark so we went in and the feller was sewing away on my seat covers. Then I saw one of the seats he had finished and it looked so darn good I sorta lost my steam.
He promised they would be done tomorrow by 13:00hrs...sound familiar...again??

Anyhoo...not everyone (actually no one) can produce the super human results we are used to Zout turning out so I guess I'll take another chill pill and wait for my stuff.:popcorn:

I just hope everything comes together so we can have time to do SOMETHING inside the box before the GA Rally.

zout

You fellas nearly embarrass me - I just do what I do and its no big deal to me !! If I were not nearly a cripple & my air compressor did not take a dump when it did I should have had it back in the customers hands sooner - but I guess it all just works out.

Radiator expected back today - when they open I will be giving them a call - I know PB will be happy when he see's this baby (not tellin).

Gary - I will no longer try to contact Museums or any other place that represents itself like those places - I should have learned when contacting the 45th Infanty Museum on PB's WC22 - those fellas could give a rip and could care less.

If you see some posts a while back of ALL the places I contacted not a single one answered - check out that list and it deals specifically with where these units were. I guess WE care more than they do - what a crying shame.

Cannot believe that baby is still sittin in my yard - I might have to make a camper out of it :beer:

zout

Not in my way at all - all the neighbors have already checked it out :)
I just have to be able to bring all the leftovers and get them in the back of the truck is all. Give me a heads up if this is what your possible plans are and I'll take care of it on this end to make sure you get everything loaded up (its still in the garage in safe keeping)

BTW - I ordered that Life Magazine Oct 6 1941 - getting a NEW Magazine - should be here by end of the week that I will peek at and handover with the truck when you get it - its my contribution to the "cause".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks