• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
When I was looking for info on the k18, one link lead to another, ect., some where down that chain I found a K19 (trailer) in England, unrestored in some guys barn, the comment about the trailer was in regards a k18 that someone else was restoring, I have gone back and tried to recreate the link chain that lead me to the K19, but no luck, this mention of a existing K19 is the only one that I came across while looking for K18 info.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I was looking for info on the k18, one link lead to another, ect., some where down that chain I found a K19 (trailer) in England, unrestored in some guys barn, the comment about the trailer was in regards a k18 that someone else was restoring, I have gone back and tried to recreate the link chain that lead me to the K19, but no luck, this mention of a existing K19 is the only one that I came across while looking for K18 info.
Ron, I don't know if you ever go on the Historic Military Vehicle Forum out of the UK, but it's pretty good. Chances are someone knows about the K19 in England. http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial

Gary - I will no longer try to contact Museums or any other place that represents itself like those places - I should have learned when contacting the 45th Infanty Museum on PB's WC22 - those fellas could give a rip and could care less.

If you see some posts a while back of ALL the places I contacted not a single one answered - check out that list and it deals specifically with where these units were. I guess WE care more than they do - what a crying shame.

Museums- where perfectly good historical items go to die!

rickf

I am going to check with a friend of mine in England. He is mostly into Korean war and later vehicles but he has a LOT of contacts and a vast knowledge of vehicles in general. Never know...............

Rick

zout

HOLY COW - those seats re-covered are outstanding IFS - I guess I better pull the K back down to the garage and make it worthy of those seats now !!!!!! That color is PERFECT w/insignia as well tops them off. Cudo's to ya fellas at CAMO for pulling that off.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
HOLY COW - those seats re-covered are outstanding IFS - I guess I better pull the K back down to the garage and make it worthy of those seats now !!!!!! That color is PERFECT w/insignia as well tops them off. Cudo's to ya fellas at CAMO for pulling that off.
Actually I wanted to go to the fellers place and rip him outta the frame if the seats were not done but Carl went with me and said...well...we don't have the truck to put them in anyway so I sorta simmered down on the way over.

When I saw them done and neatly stacked near the shop door all my frustration vanished and all was good.:-D

I MAY just try to sneak up there Saturday and get the truck if that's OK with you...I'm having severe withdrawal pains.:naner:

zout

OK ya all standing by know what I had coming in the mail today - here is the great news:

The price of a 1/2 gallon of Crown was just pissed away by getting the Oct 6 1941 Life Magazine Edition - there is squat jack chit in it about K-18's or K-19s or any mention of them - any other guess's I dare say I am not spending any more mola on!

The other side of the coin is - PB's rebuilt radiator showed up today with its NEW 5 CORE COPPER in place. Took it down to the pit hole I call a beer garage and got some OD on it so it looked proper - here are some pics:
DSCN0192.jpgDSCN0193.jpgDSCN0194.jpgDSCN0195.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bummer about the "Life" magazine not having ANYTHING about the projects in it!! I'd still make sure it went with the vehicle though, same time frame, and I imagine the pages are glossy so not good for other things.

God bless,
Tony

zout

OK PB - here is the deal.

Whether DOC can come or not - WE need these pictures with him BEFORE and AFTER duplicated - because he thought you were out of your frickin mind when you got it & when he was sitting on the trailer with Baby Bear.

Here is the BEFORE pics - now we need the same ones in AFTER:
IMG_0247.jpgIMG_0262.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks