• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
OK PB - here is the deal.

Whether DOC can come or not - WE need these pictures with him BEFORE and AFTER duplicated - because he thought you were out of your frickin mind when you got it & when he was sitting on the trailer with Baby Bear.

Here is the BEFORE pics - now we need the same ones in AFTER:
View attachment 503019View attachment 503020
That is FUNNY coming from "DOC" because some of his former projects were in as bad shape OR WORSE.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK PB - here is the deal.

Whether DOC can come or not - WE need these pictures with him BEFORE and AFTER duplicated - because he thought you were out of your frickin mind when you got it & when he was sitting on the trailer with Baby Bear.

Here is the BEFORE pics - now we need the same ones in AFTER:
View attachment 503019View attachment 503020
Ummm...actually, DOC was nervous as a ho' in church when I was "negotiating" the price and buying the truck and he was all for it.:-D

It was BabyBear that thought I had lost my mind...re-read that post WAY long ago. I could read it in his eyes when he looked at me...then the truck....then me again...He was thinking...OMG!!! I hope MB don't see this POS before ya get it cleaned up!!:roll:
I think that's the first truck project I've brought home that he didn't immediately jump in and wait for someone to give him a ride. I can't wait for him to see it again and give his "approval".

Anyhoo...'ll do my best to get them both in the same position with the "New and Improved" version of the K18-C.

BTW...have I told ya today what an outstanding job you did and how much I appreciate it?:goodjob:

zout

OK all you Local Georgia Folk with nothing to do - Saturday July 12th

IF - and I mean IF PB is able to head North to pick up his prize possession - the K-18
I really would hate to see the moment go un-noticed locally - SO here's the deal.

I can BBQ up some Hamburgers and get some chips and a few soft drinks if you wish to come and participate in the pickup.
Get your pic with the K-18 & PB w/babybear and be a re-newed part of history.

This has nothing to do with me - its about the EVENT of PB bringing the K back to life and picking it up.

IF - this sounds like something you might want to do & IF PB can schedule this with his workload - lets hear from PB and ya all.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I can make it Saturday, prolly bring a couple of CAMO guys including BabyBear. Will prolly just bring a carrier and the dually to pick her up. I'll see if DOC can get loose and come along.

I'll bring a combat bottle of Crown!!

Attachments

zout

Thanks IFS.
Lets chime in here GA folks if you wish to participate so I can get a head count of what to pickup.
Deb is in Mich so its just me to cook for ya all and I'll be proud to do it so you can be a part of HISTORY.

I need a head count please. I think ya all know where I live.

This is going to be frickin awesome when he turns onto Russet Court once again. (sheriff has been sidetracked)

zout

Got a couple folks so far PB - it just is what it is - its all last minute and other folks have busy schedules and they already know I'll post pics anyhow :jumpin:.

Ron came down this afternoon when I was home and installed the radiator for you - YES I TOOK CARE OF IT so do not worry. Fits in like a glove and is ready for the engine now and trans.
I have so much little stuff laying around I might wind up finding the windshield screws for your WC POPPOP hid on me a while back - I need to go hunt that fella down and see if I can be of any useless help on his 37 so he can bring it to the GA RALLY this year.
Zout bought a new GPS thingy for the dash so I can yell at that lady like CAMO folks do and it makes me feel better - should be able to help me find my way to the back wood of where that POPPOP lives when time comes. I typed in peanuts and wala- it gave me the directions.

zout

PB NEVER owes me nothing - plain and simple.

Although - I have an order into the local Sheriff office for the knucklehead hunting PB down is getting sent 12 DOZEN donuts to their main office at roll call Sat am sharp. I suspect all the officers will be in their cars in a donut COMA early in the morning along with the K9's they helped give treats to (I have seen PB do this to Babybear so I know how humans act) so PB can slip in and out once again. Drew told me how to get this all done this time.

zout

The fewer the better - they all can read about it in the papers come Sun morning how much fun CAMO has - they have no clue what their all missing - I do have one more fella coming - means I have to cook less and enjoy fun more.

GatorBill

Hi this is Bill. Met you fellas in Louisville at the show. Great talking to you all. The seats and radiator look great! Anyway I could still get the Radiator measurements and Seat bottom measurements. Seat bottom tracing would really help to. Thanks, Bill bill@millerpower.com

zout

Bill - radiator was mounted up last night so it could be out of the way and safe where it belongs. This one is not a 4 core as original - it is now a 5 core - copper - high flow so its thicker.

IF needed you can PM me and I will give you the shops number to contact them for size and part # that was used if that will help. If you had tanks I am sure they could build you one as sweet as PB's is.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Bill, I will try to get some pics/measurements of the seats and post them soon.

Sure wish we had time to go see your BC325 Radio while we were up that way.:driver: