• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a sad day when I can't make a cook out at Zout's. Think of me while you are eating and having a joke at everyone's expense.

I have to take the wife to the beach for a week. It is a great testament to my love for my wife that I would do this, as I HATE THE BEACH and now have to spend a week there.

zout

What a total bummer John - but to prevail and mentioning this to my sister she wanted to make you part of the party tomorrow and asked if I would pick her up some beach sand and toss it in the back of the K onto the floor for you - soimages.jpeg

zout

Well I do not know about PB - BUT I for one am excited for the crew to see the K-18 - especially with I know they have sitting in Columbus waiting to get installed in it - some sooner and some just a little bit later - but non the less what they have to do it the heart of the beast to breath once again. Both camera's charged up to take some history pics tomorrow of someone that brought one back to life.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well I do not know about PB - BUT I for one am excited for the crew to see the K-18 - especially with I know they have sitting in Columbus waiting to get installed in it - some sooner and some just a little bit later - but non the less what they have to do it the heart of the beast to breath once again. Both camera's charged up to take some history pics tomorrow of someone that brought one back to life.
Yup, I'm very excited but I'm also concerned.
I don't wanna leave this baby outside but the truck shop already has the DUKW, Proud American, and the WC-22 leaving Troy only the center drive-thru bay and the pit bay to work in...we do run an actual business here ya know.

Looks like it's time to find a building off-site and no...I won't shove any of them into a trailer/shipping container. May consider a couple of those RV type awnings though.:shrugs:

zout

Just solved your problem and delmia - I went over to home depot and bought some lumber and nails and crated up the K-18 for you - bring a BIG FORKLIFT with you so you can put it on the trailer. Its all sealed so when your ready to install the engine just uncrate it cause you cannot see chit the way I boxed it up for you.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just solved your problem and delmia - I went over to home depot and bought some lumber and nails and crated up the K-18 for you - bring a BIG FORKLIFT with you so you can put it on the trailer. Its all sealed so when your ready to install the engine just uncrate it cause you cannot see chit the way I boxed it up for you.
Boy did you blow it!!!:mad:
You KNOW WWII jeeps in a crate only sell for 50 bucks!! Now I bet I can't sell the K18-C for over 75 bucks!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ever notice how slow time passes when you are waiting for SP time on a mission? I'm supposed to meet the fellers at the VFW at 08:00hrs for breakfast then head to Zout's AO to recover the K18-C and bring her home. SO...last night I set the alarm clock for 07:00hrs...just in case.

SO...at 05:00hrs I was up playing on this here computer and at 07:00hrs the alarm went off and scared the living #@$% outta me!!!

Now I'm sitting here waiting for 07:45hrs so I can pick Tony up and head out to meet the other fellers.

I think I may be a tad excited.:whistle:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure was nice of Commander Z to crate her up for you, especially seeing how he has stated numerous times how much he hates wood, working with wood, and all things associated with it! Just think, a personalized portable, custom built garage for the K!!

Hope all have a day to remember! Your story reminds me of my son at Christmas, PB!!! LOL

God bless,
Tony

zout

PB - after my shopping spree at Kroger last night getting stuff - This morning I am up at 6:30 - find you on here and PM you and then proceed to making potato salad and cole slaw so everything is now ready. Adam came last night worn out and we sat on the back porch a while - we headed off to Waffle House this morning and now he is off to see Reckless to get some items and sell some items so - besides dropping off his M37.

Hope none of them nails in the 2x4's I got hit the body of the K inside its encapsulated crate ?????????????? oops - at least they'll keep it from shifting around on the way home. I dragged the crate into the street with Joker Wild so it will be easier to pick up & now I need more yard work done.

All your going to see from his pickup up here is one butt ugly crate hacked together and PB clawing at it.

zout

There was a song years ago called Homeward Bound.
I wish I we're home home ward bound.
Today PB and CAMO crew takes the K homeward bound for its final components installation - do you wish you would have came - do you wish you could have partaked - and for those that could not make it - here ya go:DSCN0208.jpgDSCN0209.jpgDSCN0210.jpgDSCN0211.jpgDSCN0212.jpgDSCN0213.jpgDSCN0214.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks