• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Last night my vendor dropped off some freebies for the 37 - he told me he hooked up with a ole fella that deals in military radios. He showed him a pic of the K-18 and without him saying any more - the ole fella started spitting out what it was - what it had in it - the layout of the truck - describing the K-19 trailer and knew nearly everything about it.

My vendor took his e mail address and showed it to me - he did not look at it when it was written - none of us could read it last night it was so poorly written. So my vendor is going to go back and get the info so PB can hook up with this fella if he wants to.

It appears this may be the only person alive known to date that knows anything about these trucks. Its a small world

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last night my vendor dropped off some freebies for the 37 - he told me he hooked up with a ole fella that deals in military radios. He showed him a pic of the K-18 and without him saying any more - the ole fella started spitting out what it was - what it had in it - the layout of the truck - describing the K-19 trailer and knew nearly everything about it.

My vendor took his e mail address and showed it to me - he did not look at it when it was written - none of us could read it last night it was so poorly written. So my vendor is going to go back and get the info so PB can hook up with this fella if he wants to.

It appears this may be the only person alive known to date that knows anything about these trucks. Its a small world
wow is all I can say :)

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be cool if the old fellow could give you a "mental picture " of the inside of the truck and trailer.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Friday while sitting around with some friends at the Guntruck Gathering Ferro and EMD came in bearing gifts from SCSG-G4 to be used on the K18-C.:shock:

There were TWO nice switchboards and several EE-8 Telephones along with chest mics etc.

THANK YOU MIKE!!!:beer:

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Friday while sitting around with some friends at the Guntruck Gathering Ferro and EMD came in bearing gifts from SCSG-G4 to be used on the K18-C.:shock:

There were TWO nice switchboards and several EE-8 Telephones along with chest mics etc.

THANK YOU MIKE!!!:beer:
The look of Shock and AWE, priceless picture.

Mike ROCKS

nattieleather

@papabear if those EE-8s are in leather cases I'll donate my time to the cause if the cases need any restoration. That what my business is leather repair and restoration so I would be happy to help out if needed.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What would really be great is if you could get the guy to come visit the K-18 and look at it. Likely, he would remember even more if he was actually looking at the inside. Wouldn't hurt to ask - he might jump at the chance. Bring back old memories.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
What would really be great is if you could get the guy to come visit the K-18 and look at it. Likely, he would remember even more if he was actually looking at the inside. Wouldn't hurt to ask - he might jump at the chance. Bring back old memories.
Come visit my hairy rear!!! I'll load that baby up and take it TO HIM!!! This is the best possible lead yet!!:jumpin::papabear:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
@papabear if those EE-8s are in leather cases I'll donate my time to the cause if the cases need any restoration. That what my business is leather repair and restoration so I would be happy to help out if needed.
One is in a fairly good leather case, three are in the canvas cases (used in the Pacific Theater, since leather rotted in the jungles), and one has no case at all. Get with PB via PM to see what he wants to do.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some amazing things happenin right now with the K! GREAT to see all the help and good wishes flowing in!! Steelsoldiers are an AMAZING company!! Hope things continue to go even further to returning an American piece of history!! All you members volunteering are an inspiration!!

God bless,
Tony

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Some amazing things happenin right now with the K! GREAT to see all the help and good wishes flowing in!! Steelsoldiers are an AMAZING company!! Hope things continue to go even further to returning an American piece of history!! All you members volunteering are an inspiration!! God bless, Tony
I believe God guides me in all I do and I have lived a Blessed life.

Just last week while we were engaged in the GunTruck Gathering someone (absolutely no idea who) dropped off a complete Vietnam slant pocket jungle fatigue uniform (in my current size no less), and someone else dropped off some dress blues and a green class "A" uniform at my business.

The girls in the office didn't ask for names or contact info and none was offered...just "I wanted Larry to have these".:shock:

Evidently The Good Lord has another mission planned for me...I just haven't been informed yet!!:papabear:

Stan Leschert

It is going to take some time, but a member of another local club, has a similarly restore K-18. I will see if I can get him in contact with you. I do not have a personal connection, my buddy with the WC51 might be able to help when he gets off the movie shoot. It will take time... But I will do the best I can for a Good Troop!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It is going to take some time, but a member of another local club, has a similarly restore K-18. I will see if I can get him in contact with you. I do not have a personal connection, my buddy with the WC51 might be able to help when he gets off the movie shoot. It will take time... But I will do the best I can for a Good Troop!
Thank you Stan. Also zout (Commander Warp) has a lead on a feller who supposedly knows these trucks and even has some radio equipment.

At this point I've pretty much expended my research abilities but there are folks still poking around. I'm sure that when it's time, someone will be sent in my direction who can give me some good insight on how to set this baby up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks