• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Trying to retrace the lead once again there fellas - hang on - it may take more time than we want but we'll get there with this contact.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Trying to retrace the lead once again there fellas - hang on - it may take more time than we want but we'll get there with this contact.
There's no hurry Bro. That poor thing sat for over 30 years wasting away and now she is standing tall so the nice to have stuff takes the back burner in my mind.:beer:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
From my readings, the transmitter (BC-325) and the remote unit - RM-7, a PTO powered generator and some other stuff was in the tractor (truck).
The trailer had 3 receivers (BC-342), possibly 2 PE-75 generators... and other stuff.

I enjoyed watching segment 1 and 2. Will try to watch them all as time permits.

Thanks for finding/posting that Bro.

Also...here's a couple of pics of the engine progress...couldn't play with it today...too busy:

There's just something about a straight six that makes me smile.

I still wish I had my grandfather's chevy with a 248.

zout

:doh: what does a person have to do to make a contact so we can find out - I was going to hold my breath but it would have not ended well by this time:shrugs:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
:doh::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:what is that saying - you can put a horse in front of water but you cannot make him drink of it :papabear:
Sure...sure right....what evah...(That's what MB always says).:roll:

Anyhoo...I called the feller Zout gave me the number for...David's name is actually Daryl....LOL and he seems to be a really nice guy.

You had to hear the conversation. I called...he answered...I said "Sir, you don't know me but I'm the guy with the K18-C".
He says, "OK...what's that"?

I say.."Well, a friend of mine has a friend that says you know all about the truck and the radios it had and might be able to help me figure out the layout of the truck"??

Daryl says..."Wait...does your friend's friend sell cleaning and detailing supplies"?? I say "Yes, my friend's friend does". Then we start to actually talk!

So....Daryl does not know squat about a K-18C. BUT: He knows an ole feller named Carl that probably does and was part of Patton's "Fantom Army".

AND: Daryl has a 1939 Dodge 1 1/2 Ton VF radio truck he is restoring AND has the radios that go with THAT truck.:-D

SO...Daryl is going to talk with Carl and Daryl is gonna send me some pics of his 1939 Dodge truck and I'm gonna send Daryl some pics of my 1941 GMC K18-C and Daryl is gonna show Carl the pics and we will go from there.

WOW...I know I'm confused....hope you fellers understand what I just typed.:naner:

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whooaa. Well, as long your satisfied PB. ANY lead toward positive info is a plus. Yet, if your new contact is anything like me, memory doesn't necessarily mean accuracy. Some how my mind puts things and events where they weren't . But, without photographic records or access to them, this is the best you've got going for ya and the "K". Hope it works! Why are you guyz talkin about a horse and water? The "K" was in the mechanized military. GOOD luck PB, it sure has been one heck of a "Hoot" so far! Rock on!!!

God bless
Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks