• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just knew TWM had a part in it - you should make him come up and help get that GH done. He may limp a bit but he deserves it after that vicious rumor.:deadhorse::deadhorse:
Just hanging out in Texas working on my GPW. How could I possibly be involved in rumor spreading. I am not a Twitter kind of guy.

:roll:

GatorBill

K -18 scr-197

Hello Fellas: Im the guy in IN with the K-18. I still need the left and right seat spring dimensions. A trace around them would help as well. Im going to have to make mine from scratch. Please help if you can! Thanks, Bill bill@millerpower.com 317-439-1878

Last edited:

zout

T - I am not speaking for PB nor would ever try to but I can explain what is happening from what I saw with the K-18.

PB is taking PRISTINE care of the truck. The engine is nearly completely together and last I knew the manifolds had to be shaved as they were distorted. The way the engine sits now is spectacular and I am proud to see it in the shape ti is in - that does cost $$$$$$$$$$ to get done.

Whilst he is trying to run his company and lesser folks on hand to get the crazy stuff done on the side - I can see where it would be difficult to rectify putting personnel on a project when business needed done - and PB had L O T S of it to get done and it seems to never end lately for him.

I can think of the expression - "Good things come to those that wait". I wait as well to see it come alive - but I know when it does - it will have been worth waiting for. Sometimes we do not get things in the timeframe we would hope for.
Its hard for me to imagine him getting daily business done PLUS any opportunity for him and the folks to get the MV's where they hoped they would be. DUKW came apart before the K did - it would be awesome to see the DUKW back on its feet and floating with the pirate PB and baby bear at the helm.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thanks for that Brother Zout and you are dead on the money with your explanation.[thumbzup]

I intentionally put off working on any of the MV's in the fleet in favor of keeping the "working fleet" (wreckers/transport vehicles) in top notch shape and giving the fellers some well deserved down time on the weekends when we habitually got to work on the MV's.

My business USUALLY slows down around Thanksgiving thru about the second week of January but so far this year that hasn't happened. (Thank God)

Heck...the K-18C might just have to take a trip back to "Uncle Dave's" to get finished!!:shrugs:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, no matter how much I'd love to "see her done", I realize that LIFE happens. People need time off. Making a living is important. Especially as a business owner when your "work" provides for MANY other families and their well being! Your ability to keep things on track and functional, means they can and will have monetary means for Christmas. Heck, anyone ever heard the expression, "Anticipation"? If everything was instant gratification, then where would be the fun in that? Wouldn't be a good ketchup commercial either! LOL Stay on track PB, "One day at a time". Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!! (photos would be good though, maybe????? LOL)

God bless,
Tony

zout

March - I loved the commercial - anticipation - means your an ole chit like me or watching commercial re-runs in your spare time.

PB - I know its BIG $$ cha ching to use equipment - labor - fuel - spare time which I know hardly exists - BUT - I will partake in that offer to get that engine back in the K if that is what you decide. I will although call upon my brother Ron and feed this tape worm while he is here and get that engine back in and hopefully all the chit is there - it may be missing but the dang engine will fire in the hole one way or the other.

Not taking away from CAMO - because this is your Northern Mafia speaking. Think about it - and I would be proud to get it back in with the wrecker assistance of Ron.

Guess way back when we should have just packed up the engine and let your vendors do their magic on it and I would have come down to pick it up when they were done - but way back when we both thought we're doing the right thing.
OFFER ON THE TABLE.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave and PB,

All I meant by my post was a simple question of an update / attempt at humor. I know and understand completely how business comes first or there won't be bread and butter on the table. I know first hand how things don't always get done in the timeframe that we had originally planned.
I will refrain from asking for updates again. I will watch patiently for updates.

Bert

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Dave and PB,

All I meant by my post was a simple question of an update / attempt at humor. I know and understand completely how business comes first or there won't be bread and butter on the table. I know first hand how things don't always get done in the timeframe that we had originally planned.
I will refrain from asking for updates again. I will watch patiently for updates.

Bert
Please don't stop Sir!! It's folks like you that help keep things moving!:beer:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Maybe Dave and I ought to just show up, grab the K18 and the power pact and parts, make a QUICK get a way heading north east to a unnamed secure location, install the power pack, then under cover of darkness return said K18 to point of grab, maybe while the K18 is at the secure location, the brakes might be gone though so it can be DRIVEN back to CAMO.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I really would like to thank you guys for sharing these projects and to zout for taking extra time to take photos, post them and narrate the project. My job keeps me on the road most of the time so this is as close as i get to working on any vehicles.
:beer:

nattieleather

I am a small business owner and work a full time job for the man. I've been working on a project since 2008 and it is no where near completion. I'd say maybe I'm at 30% done. I do know how it goes. Take your time PB it will get done when it get's done. And PB business not slowing down is a good thing! ;) :D

zout

T Highway - and indeed it was a good question to ask and me sitting here in the background of the project I know I appreciate it because I get little time to haunt SS anymore (mods appreciate it). keep asking about updates because you never know if Ga CAMO Mafia upated anything lately (too busy gathering fish heads and newspapers).

Ron - Its exactly like playing checkers or chess - I made PB the offer and any next move is his turn - if there is no play made I know why. I would never consider any train of thought without acceptance.

I do know one thing - where the K-18C sits - she looks admirable and a RARE truck.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
T Highway - and indeed it was a good question to ask and me sitting here in the background of the project I know I appreciate it because I get little time to haunt SS anymore (mods appreciate it). keep asking about updates because you never know if Ga CAMO Mafia upated anything lately (too busy gathering fish heads and newspapers).

Ron - Its exactly like playing checkers or chess - I made PB the offer and any next move is his turn - if there is no play made I know why. I would never consider any train of thought without acceptance.

I do know one thing - where the K-18C sits - she looks admirable and a RARE truck.
If you have to make excuses for your SS absence, at least you could blame "intense MV activity" or maybe that "biker chick in your avatar Zout's Avatar 2014-12.jpg." But NO-O-O-O... you don't even sound creative in your excuse writing. <sigh> Fish Heads and Newspapers.... SCHEESH ! ! !

Last edited:

zout

Well Chaplin - seeing how YOUR the one who brought it up.

Its like Miracles - when they begged for them just to know HE was there he responded - then they forgot about him and repeated themselves over and over. I am sure non of the folks in the begging section looked like my avatar :).

Seeing as I have no projects to hack up and destroy in public view folks think ------ ahhhhh it was a one time shot and got lucky - but then a second - third etc came along. Seeing as I am a lazy couch Aquaponics potato now with no projects I am a has been nerd. SO - I have little to say except when it looks like BS and smells like BS I kind of needle folks - but that is my English sense of humor that only I can appreciate.

Wait till I find that K-19 trailer to go along with that K-18C - then we'll see - even if I have to steal my neighbors AeroStream antique trailer that looks similar to it and paint it green. I will leave him a newpaper wrapped in fish heads for the trade.

Keep on me Chaplin - I need serious prayer - :)

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never heard or read of anyone calling Commander "lazy" or any form of plant life related to the potato. Not saying it hasn't happened, but I've never witnessed it. I must agree though with the "serious prayer"...... I know I could use some of that myself, maybe a lot of folks could. There IS an AeroStream up here that I KNOW hasn't moved in twenty years. A little (well A LOT) of Commanders "magic" and a K-19 could be replicated. AMAZING history behind that combination. I've only read a smidgen.

ZOUT.........yeah, I remember that commercial.......so if that qualifies me.........LOL Miracles happen to this day,,,,I've been involved,,,,,personally, I don't believe in "luck" or "coincidence"..... Either He IS, or He isn't....... I BELIEVE HE IS!

It's neat to watch a "plan come together"

God bless,
Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks