• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

I have read a lot of posts on the H.A.M.B forums. Mainly this was when i was rebuilding all the window crank regulators and also the winshield crank and its hinges.

Got the trans mounts.bellhousing.insp cover.throwout bearing all cleaned up . iwll lube whats necessary come installation time to keep dirt out of anything.

zout

Here are those parts and the flywheel cleaned up and torqued in - after taking a peek its missing the pilot shaft bushing - so its a halt till I pick one up.20150616_162540.jpg20150616_162548.jpg20150616_162604.jpg20150616_162617.jpg20150616_162735.jpg

zout

Rickf......as soon as you post your vote for the K-18 I will explain the crude look of it ONLY at this time and the best part is WHY.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Need any assistance in trying to track down the original radio gear for this truck?
Thanks for asking Mike.

We have all the radios except the BC-325 (the big rascal), and SCSG-G4 provided the field phones and switchboards. We also have one PE-75 generator.

I'd like to have the big BC 325 if only to display with the other radios/equipment. I seriously doubt I could ever find all the cables etc., to actually hook all the stuff up....then hope some or all of it works.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for asking Mike.

We have all the radios except the BC-325 (the big rascal), and SCSG-G4 provided the field phones and switchboards. We also have one PE-75 generator.

I'd like to have the big BC 325 if only to display with the other radios/equipment. I seriously doubt I could ever find all the cables etc., to actually hook all the stuff up....then hope some or all of it works.
I'll keep an eye out for any ads for one online. I've never seen one and I'm sure they are a lot rarer than most WWII radios since they were so large and they were pre-war design. Most pre-war stuff is rarer than the wartime and post-war stuff, mainly due to age. And even if one is found, in complete, unmolested condition, it will need to be gone through completely, recapped, have the tubes checked out, etc. Cables are going to need to be made, you can guarantee that no originals are out there in good shape.

It's a long shot, but seek and ye shall find....

rickf

Rickf......as soon as you post your vote for the K-18 I will explain the crude look of it ONLY at this time and the best part is WHY.
That is blackmail! You know I will vote for it, I am on my way out the door at work, I will do it when I get on this evening.

zout

You'll have to stand in line last time i looked.

RickF ... I guess i owe that explanation huh.thx.
There were several flywheels and clutches and throw out bearing combinations in the parts. Camo was also going to pick the best of the litter so to speak. But now that all the stuff is in my grubby paws I just happen to be doing a repeat of they would have wound up doing.

So one i get the combiation.fit.the end flywheel will be turned and a good look at the pressure plate as well for a final install.

In actuality.even if were not turned its probably only going to get driven 20 miles a year.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You'll have to stand in line last time i looked.

RickF ... I guess i owe that explanation huh.thx.
There were several flywheels and clutches and throw out bearing combinations in the parts. Camo was also going to pick the best of the litter so to speak. But now that all the stuff is in my grubby paws I just happen to be doing a repeat of they would have wound up doing.

So one i get the combiation.fit.the end flywheel will be turned and a good look at the pressure plate as well for a final install.

In actuality.even if were not turned its probably only going to get driven 20 miles a year
Ummm...I don't think so. I plan to drive that baby around some and definitely in all the parades etc., we do around here. For long distance missions she will be trailered for sure.:tank:

zout

UMmmmm - meaning when i know what fits the right stuff will get massaged......in actuality meant . if something was not going to get driven much it would be ok to run on it. SOMETHING not meaning the K.....everyone take their seats now.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Seated and awaiting further updates Zout. Bert

As usual, The Commander's" hands are tied waiting on my slow a$$ to get the K18-C back up to him so he can figure out the rest of the puzzle I've created.:oops:

My plan is to take the K18 up tomorrow right now but if that fails...Monday for sure.:papabear:

zout

All things work out for a reason . takes will power to truey have patience. Spent 3 hours on the mower in 102 temp . had some sweet tea and took the correct flywheel to the machine shop - gotta wait for thst also so no big deal.

Looking at young punk kids at a parts counter is a joke cause if ain.t on the puter they have no idea what anything is to actually look it up as in - WTH is a 270 ?????? Then comes the deer in the headlight look.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks