• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Rickf
Positive cable gets grounded.
Negative cable gets connected to the solenoid. What makes the complete circuit is manually pushing the lever to strike the oposite side of the solenoid. No different than a floor starter button in a jeep.37 etc.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Short update. Zout has the ole girl spinning over slowly. Has replaced the 6V starter and new battery and she still spins slow.

We had similar issues with one of the 230 Dodge engines we rebuilt. Just too darn tight to fire off on it's own. Eventually, after making sure everything was correct we just hooked another vehicle to the rascal and drug it around for a few minutes and she came to life.[thumbzup]

Commander Warp is still at it though...just wanted to update.:jumpin:

zout

Way ahead of ya RICKF:papabear:.

NOT headed to the garage tonight cause my underwear is melted to my skin - it is HOT here and outside air temp was 106 - when you look at these pics it was quite not that hot yesterday so you can imagine what it is now near that truck.
AMMO in hand for tomorrows fire up day (PB knows) after a tad bit of time alone coming to a God recconing understanding first thing in the morning with that engine and it ain't gonna be no prayer session either.

So here are just a few pics of days gone by - wish I could tell ya more lies but I am out of them for the moment.20150716_152703.jpg20150716_152717_HDR.jpg20150716_152744.jpg20150716_155640_HDR.jpg20150717_120211.jpg GOO - water - sludge and some other alien creatures came out of that ole starter -----looked like baby poo to me.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
SHE's ALIVE!!!

I've been nervous as a Ho in church all day but I finally saw it with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears folks...the K18-C is running...and sounds darn good! (Well...not in PERSON...saw Zout's vid).

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get the short vid off my phone and post it here so you folks can see it but we will probably have to wait til Zout's Grandson comes over cause I ain't having any luck.:roll:

EDIT: Ok, I'm not sure (read...I don't have a friggin clue) but MAYBE I have POSSIBLY started the download of the vid from my phone to Youtube. It says "Pending" so I guess we will see.

The title is K18C lives.

Last edited:

zout

Thanks PB and your confidence that you knew I could do it.
Tomorrow morning I'll go after running the overhead after getting some good run in time - shutting down- fill my one liter fuel can - fire back up and run the overhead.
Go back into fluid checks - pressures etc etc etc blah blah blah.

Really do not want to start putting in the throttle floorboard for the throttle pedal cause all the rest of the floor boards have to go in first and we still have the wire harness to arrive and get installed yet.

The engine stuff will get finished up - truck pulled ahead and get into the brake systems.

Sure hope PB can get that video up cause my grandson is swimming this weekend with his friends (but I will keep a boot in his butt to get it done as well).

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thanks PB and your confidence that you knew I could do it.
Tomorrow morning I'll go after running the overhead after getting some good run in time - shutting down- fill my one liter fuel can - fire back up and run the overhead.
Go back into fluid checks - pressures etc etc etc blah blah blah.

Really do not want to start putting in the throttle floorboard for the throttle pedal cause all the rest of the floor boards have to go in first and we still have the wire harness to arrive and get installed yet.

The engine stuff will get finished up - truck pulled ahead and get into the brake systems.

Sure hope PB can get that video up cause my grandson is swimming this weekend with his friends (but I will keep a boot in his butt to get it done as well).
That truck is where she is for several reasons Brother...most importantly, I know you will get it done correctly and within my goofy wishes.

Youtube still says "Pending" and it's been 16 minutes already!!:jumpin:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It's been over 15 hours now and the vid was still "pending" so I just cancelled it.:mad:

I was at least able to send the vid via email to all the local CAMO fellers and they are all happy as pigs in poopoo!:tank:

zout

Taking the real camera down this morning and will be able to take a longer...clearer video of it. When i get up to the i will " ry it PB to youtube.

I will sens the group from yesterday a couple more shorties.

zout

Nope.....change of plans.
PB ordered me two take a couple paids relief days off from the K as long as I paid for them..so I am cause i found some pennies in the HD parking lot this morning.

Be back Tue night folks....gonna do some chores for Zout 2.

rickf

It's been over 15 hours now and the vid was still "pending" so I just cancelled it.:mad:

I was at least able to send the vid via email to all the local CAMO fellers and they are all happy as pigs in poopoo!:tank:
Ok, I see where the rest of us dedicated followers stand.:twisted::twisted:

zout

Well poooooopah on my paid day off i tried to get the clear vudeos off my phone onto my desktop...crap...phone not connecting to the pc even with 3 different cables.

Sending by text it wants t o downsize them....when it turns out they are blurrier than crapola.

Sim card will not fit in the puter. Plus i am scratching my eyeballs out so i can get it into youtube.

Your not forgotten. I took Zout2's camera and recorded it again.soon as i go inside i am attacking it again.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anything worth "having" is worth waiting for!! What has been mentioned before, the slogan for the catsup commercial comes to mind, "Anticipation, it's making me wait........"

Figure she sat neglected for quite a few years and I didn't know a thing about her. Now? Heck even a tater like me has learned quite a bit about where and what she did. I've been spoon fed info and photos. Figure I can wait for the hard working troops to a video together at their convenience. Just a couple of pennies worth of my thoughts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks