• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

rickf

Cut me some slack Brother. I spent about 1.5 hours trying to get that 32 second video on here and pulled out the last 4 hairs I had on my head!!

I wish I knew how to send a bulk email thru here. I would just send it to everybody.:shrugs:
:lol::lol: You opened the door with that one, you had to know I was gonna walk right on in.:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:
Anyway, Zout bailed you out. Good job as usual Commander.

zout

Waiting for the starter to arrive tom o rrow and a new video for ya all.
PB gave me the thumbs up to make one more order that we cannot get locally to help smoothen out the workflow.

Watch my next avatar......little does he realize he is giving me great motivational support when UPS arrives....i get little done after that little brown truck leaves. If its not the one its the other one.
Be back on the engine tomorrow nught and my UPS backup will be posted a little later tonight.

zout

img508618389406a.jpg when the blonde does not show up - this young lady takes her route. Life sure is miserable around the ole DZ. PB - can we make another UPS order after this pretty please.

zout

Just so there is no misunderstanding - Ron who is 73M819 here on SS volunteered to help get that 270 into that K. If you look back to the day it was prodded in Ron was there as a trooper as he always is putting something in even though it was not designed to go in that way - but the job was accomplished in shinning fashion. Thus brings us to the point we are now. With it raining and sopping arse wet down at the garage work continued - I know very few fellas who would tough it out to help get the project done.

The work is about the K18C - not about who works on it. ALL the thanks goes to PB for having the "eye" so save it and know he has the troopers to get er done the way he wants without having to babysit them. Its ALL PB - and I am proud to work on his equipment.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just so there is no misunderstanding - Ron who is 73M819 here on SS volunteered to help get that 270 into that K. If you look back to the day it was prodded in Ron was there as a trooper as he always is putting something in even though it was not designed to go in that way - but the job was accomplished in shinning fashion. Thus brings us to the point we are now. With it raining and sopping arse wet down at the garage work continued - I know very few fellas who would tough it out to help get the project done.

The work is about the K18C - not about who works on it. ALL the thanks goes to PB for having the "eye" so save it and know he has the troopers to get er done the way he wants without having to babysit them. Its ALL PB - and I am proud to work on his equipment.
Ron is a good troop and helps anyone any way he can but you didn't hear that from me.[thumbzup]

As far as the truck goes. She will live out the rest of her (at least my) life representing the soldiers she served with in the biggest war this planet has seen.

I want the folks of that era that are left to see her and remember and the young folks now to see what they had to work with back then.:beer:

zout

Had a problem with the re-man starter so that was returned under warranty and picked up the replacement today - in and operational - did a little fine tuning of the overhead and I had it pretty dead nuts cold settings.

The brake Master Cylinder was removed last night and after some searching and looking at this POC - PB gave me the thumbs up to maybe BOTH my UPS gals can deliver the brake system - wiring harness that is shipped and some other goodies - some of it is backordered so I will let the gals know I will have ice cream when they bring the back ordered stuff next time.

Will get the K moved a couple feet forward and pick at tearing down the brake system - hard lines will have to be hand cut and made - everything else is pretty straight forward - shoes I can get locally. Electrical switches needed ordered as well so things are rolling forward here. Can you believe I got this truck and engine 6/15/15 and its taken me so cotton pickin long to pick at it - geeze I am such a slacker.

Stay tuned as those that are paying any attention are looking forward to the happy news - PB DRIVING IT HOME. I'll be in the back drinkin CROWN.

turnkey

When you all are riding back in the rig with PB driving and you in the back with a Crown...Well you all be selling ice cream out of the back to off set some of the bills....I bet she will look really nice.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Had a problem with the re-man starter so that was returned under warranty and picked up the replacement today - in and operational - did a little fine tuning of the overhead and I had it pretty dead nuts cold settings.

The brake Master Cylinder was removed last night and after some searching and looking at this POC - PB gave me the thumbs up to maybe BOTH my UPS gals can deliver the brake system - wiring harness that is shipped and some other goodies - some of it is backordered so I will let the gals know I will have ice cream when they bring the back ordered stuff next time.

Will get the K moved a couple feet forward and pick at tearing down the brake system - hard lines will have to be hand cut and made - everything else is pretty straight forward - shoes I can get locally. Electrical switches needed ordered as well so things are rolling forward here. Can you believe I got this truck and engine 6/15/15 and its taken me so cotton pickin long to pick at it - geeze I am such a slacker.

Stay tuned as those that are paying any attention are looking forward to the happy news - PB DRIVING IT HOME. I'll be in the back drinkin CROWN.
Let's see here...132 miles from your place at say...40mph....hmmm...that's about 3.3hrs and it was 103 degrees yesterday.:whistle:

I'm thinking we will need a bracket/frame welded on the back to sit the PE75 generator on and a window AC unit mounted in the truck.:naner:

rickf

Stand-alone A/C unit, all you need is a place for the exhaust hose and condensate drain. Add an RV generator underneath somewhere and you are good to go.

zout

I wonder if the k would drive over a Jersey Barrier?
I think it still has the laser's on it that were on the Roswell spacecraft when it was there.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I wonder if the k would drive over a Jersey Barrier?
I think it still has the laser's on it that were on the Roswell spacecraft when it was there.
Negative. The K18 could not.

What would happen in the event the K18 needed to negotiate a Jersey type barrier is the K18 w/crew would back off a respectable distance and the radio operator would call in an airstrike on the barrier and then just negotiate the crater where the barrier had formerly been.:naner:

zout

So do i John and perfect timing...load up and bring my friend Adam with ya as i have the PERFECT repair right now for us.

Heck i would toss on some of them famous ribs of mine and put ya into a food coma.......once were done .......its a realy easy one...but one **** of a challenge to articulate.

You fellas always welcome just to watch even while i d r ink beer.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beer drinking is a spectator sport....................hence the crowds at the bar/keg...................for me? One's too many and a case isn't enough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks