• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Beer drinking is a spectator sport....................hence the crowds at the bar/keg...................for me? One's too many and a case isn't enough.
Drinking beer also keeps you healthy as long as you do it at home or have a sober driver to get you home.[thumbzup]

In fact, I attribute my exceptional knowledge, conversational skills, and manly physical prowess mainly to my habitual beer drinking over the last...er...50 or so years.:roll:

Drinking beer has also allowed me to develop a very large cover over my most important tools.:naner:

zout

Headed into this weekend i should be more productive.
Couple things i had to deal with that k e pt me from advancing forward ok the K - but the owner was advised in case he might have thoughti sold it for scrap metal.

Should be some newsworthy progress made by the end of the weekend with pics for ya all.......back on the scent of adv a ncement.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Headed into this weekend i should be more productive.
Couple things i had to deal with that k e pt me from advancing forward ok the K - but the owner was advised in case he might have thoughti sold it for scrap metal.

Should be some newsworthy progress made by the end of the weekend with pics for ya all.......back on the scent of adv a ncement.
Is this a bad time to say that a feller came to my auction yesterday and told me he has a line on a 1941 Dodge Army truck with a winch...that ran when parked?:whistle:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So do i John and perfect timing...load up and bring my friend Adam with ya as i have the PERFECT repair right now for us.

Heck i would toss on some of them famous ribs of mine and put ya into a food coma.......once were done .......its a realy easy one...but one **** of a challenge to articulate.

You fellas always welcome just to watch even while i d r ink beer.
You better be careful, or a couple South Carolina rednecks may just show up on your doorstep. I know for a fact, if I wasn't committed to showing the M814 at the local touch a truck on Saturday, I would hop on over............

zout

I do not know how to fix CHAT but I know mechanics to get chit operational.

Wire harness arrived - steer wheel cylinders arrived - rubber air lines arrived along with all the switches. Turn signal switch ordered today.
Got some other issues figured out and look for another YOUTUBE run video tomorrow. You can see the reflective heat working on what got done tonight and I had to quit.
Should be able to get the K pulled forward this weekend and get it on stands to pull wheels and start ripping it down - that way in between stuff I can do brake work and some wiring just picking on each as the SUN moves.20150723_145428.jpg20150724_145611.jpg20150724_151608.jpg Will post the link for the run test again on SS when I am done tomorrow.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I wanted to make a surprise visit today to see the Ole Girl with her new heart and just hear her purr.

Unfortunately I've been stricken with the screaming yellow crud and feel like I was tossed into a commercial dryer and tumbled for about two hours. Also can't get too far from a bathroom or something tragic may happen.

Anyhoo... I know she is in the best hands she could be in so I know she will continue her path to full recovery quickly.:driver:

zout

Well - this morning after a couple hours in prepping - got the ole girl fired back up and sent a few folks the link from my cell - no idea how to get a cell video onto whatever ???? clueless.

Pics of the wiring OEM harness you have seen before but above is the new harness which can NOW get started on along with pulling the K ahead a couple feet and on jack stands and start tearing down the steer brakes and rear brakes.
PLENTY to get done - I am not remounting any metal on floorboards in the cab until everything is done.

Done for the day now as a few folks know what has been going on this week - for the rest of ya - its on a need to know basis only anyhow - but its DONE.IMG_1840.jpgIMG_1841.jpgIMG_1843.jpgIMG_1844.jpgIMG_1845.jpg

zout

I would like to acknololodge thanks to the info on these sites sor outstanding posts made by folks who are what i call REAL MECHANICS .....jalopyjournel.....H.A.M.B......Inliners.....Stovebolt.com

THANKS FOR YOU FORUMS and to all the precise detailed j nformation posted by your top notch members.

Thanks to Jim Carter Restoration parts site who did not sell me manuals and sent me pages by e mail for specific details I needed this week. jim carter folks went above and beyond in customer service.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ya know you Texas folk are ok people. Wish a Georgia K owner was excited as you are.
I don't know what that means or how it was intended.

Maybe the 20 or so texts per day expressing my thanks and appreciation for each bit of progress you make on the K18 do not properly convey my excitement?

I'm excited, I'M EXCITED!!! I'm hopping around with excitement!!:naner::jumpin:

zout

Had no intent to it.
We both know really excited we are as each piece comes along. I was funning with John.

I bet he's read this entire thread a coule time's saying ......their ain't no way that its the sam ed truck.

I will refrain from funning.

zout

Had to just idle forward in 1st gear...but shemoved under her own power & PB got the video....its challenge starting.hold a camera.steer in the K besides sit on a metal plate.

Floor plate with the throttle will not go in until the harness has been installed.

MAN THAT WAS COOL.

Got the front brakes ripped down but have to get the hard lines out and make new ones. Will post up pics later and maybe make a youtube of it moving.

zout

MY AC repairman wanted his pic with the trucks yesterday while he was fixing stuff - told him I wanted a discount.
Front brakes torn down - whatever else ya see was done except get around to cleaning out my garage.20150725_130516.jpg20150725_130550.jpg20150726_081945.jpg20150726_093538.jpg20150726_093551.jpg20150726_102818.jpg20150726_102825.jpg20150726_105311.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks