• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Glad you caught the addicton Thommy. Its more cool being here around it.

First coat in the tank has been done and drying. Recommended second coat goes in tomorrow morning after coffee.
Then i just might fire it up again for another run....WHO WANTS TO SEE ANOTHER VIDEO IF IT TOOLING AROUND.....POST IT UP.

zout

Ok folks pay attention.

Plan is to have the K ready the weekend of the 19th 20th. I left a message for the Morgans.

I plan on only hamburgers and hotdogs Zouts treat....bring whatever else you need. Come see PB's K18-C back to life.

If YOU CAN MAKE IT PLEASE COME. Any questions pm me....

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ok folks pay attention. Plan is to have the K ready the weekend of the 19th 20th. I left a message for the Morgans. I plan on only hamburgers and hotdogs Zouts treat....bring whatever else you need. Come see PB's K18-C back to life.

If YOU CAN MAKE IT PLEASE COME. Any questions pm me....
Let's make it the 19th Brother, that's a Saturday and I like to keep Sunday open for family and God.:beer:

Awe crapparoonies!! I could handle the suspense when there was no certain time/date...but now!!!!:popcorn:

Attachments

zout

I found out this was an English UK truck. Sooooooo.i am moving the steering wheel to the right side....hack and cut whatever i need to move.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I will probably never see her in real life, another video would be greatly appreciated!! Magnanimous offer Commander! Hope all that attend ENJOY!! A video of PB driving it for the first time would be an amazing touch! =)

zout

Anyone wanting to see specific pictures of the K just PM me please and I will do all I can to satisfy your questions and parts of the K.

Those that may come just bring something to pass if you can - laid back time to just watch PB and CAMO crew hook up with the K back again before she goes back into SERVICE showing folks at the Ga Rally First from what I understand - the next will be the Veterans Day Parade (be cool to see the Morgan's driving it - they are outstanding troopers). But MS MD better bring some nanner pudding.

Will try to pop as many video's of different things on the K as I can as we slowly put an end to this project. I can hear Signal Corp Folks looking forward to this. Sooner or later someone is going to come forward to bring more info into this long story and parts of their history.

zout

I actually worked a little this weekend on the K - probably going to be stuff that looks like duplicates so bear with me - I attacked that fuel tank.
IF you see it looks new and the next its surface rust - here is some concepts for you. RUST NEEDS OXYGEN to live and survive you use epoxy sealers on both sides to stop intrusion of oxygen and get the existing rust and flakes hammered down you have a fighting chance of saving something.

IF something goes through the fuel system in line filters are CHEAP O LA - just stop them from getting into the pump.20150905_102017.jpg20150905_102256.jpg20150905_113014.jpg20150905_131113.jpg20150905_142902.jpg20150905_142911.jpg20150905_144738.jpg20150905_144745.jpg20150905_144751.jpg20150905_144800.jpg

zout

I do not care what they think. But as soon as i pulled back in anyone that was home came looking and marveling over it.

Those are the same folks since we have been here THAT PUT AMERICAN FLAGS ON THEIR HOUSE. I CUT THEM NO SLACK. They hear it everytime i see them.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
10 more days!!! Yup...in 10 more days I'll have her back running, driving, stopping and representing....but it ain't all over yet:-D

Since Zout hates to work with wood I've decided to get Carl to build a bench for the radios to be mounted on and there are a couple more ideas I have but I'll have to wait to see the rear box again to see if they will work.

So you see, I've actually owned the truck for about 19 months and all we managed to do here in a pretty nice truck shop with all kinds of tools was rebuild the engine and get some new tires on it.:oops:

Zout on the other hand....had the truck for a total of maybe 5 months (not total working time, and that was in two different time periods). In the first go around, Zout brought the truck's body up to snuff including painting, glass replacement and refinishing the rear box area to a standard General Patton himself would :drool: over.:goodjob:

In the second go around, Zout brought all the mechanical stuff up to par and produced a safe running, driving, stopping, street drivable piece of American history...complete with signal lights and horn.

All of this was done OUTSIDE his garage (it won't fit inside) in the killer Georgia heat working after his full time day job and on weekends with very little assistance.

I didn't post this to boost Zout's ego, rather I want everyone to know the blood, sweat, and probably some tears Zout has put into this project and to publically acknowledge and thank Dave for all he has done to re-claim a vintage war machine in honor of the men who used her.:beer:

Zout has said the updates and pics will slow down now as there is only nit picky stuff to finish now but I'm hoping he will continue post/update whenever he has something we would like to see.

Last edited:

zout

I am truely humbled by those words PB.
Its been my honor to be able to work on your vehicle.

You know your averaging 100% on vehicles of WW2 that have turned out to be more historic than what you first thought or imagined.

I will post up something going unto the weekend . but i need to put the tin foil hat back on and get some real work done.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would like to thank you guys for sharing all this with us, some guys don't have the ability the space time or money for their own projects. On top of doing excellent work you guys have chronicled this so well some of us feel like we have been part of it, at least as a cheerleader. Would like to thank you also for the numerous times you have mentioned the K being able to SAFELY stop. I feel this is the most important subsystem of any vehicle but is sometimes overlooked by some people. Thanks again guys. Is it almost time to round up zout a new project?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks