• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Gonna have to get use to that jumpy clutch and that extremely short throw transmission quick!! I would have sworn I was driving a brand new truck the way it shifted.
I was also amazed at how well it steers! If you are moving at all you can turn the steering wheel easily with one hand and even when stationary, it turns remarkably well. :beer:

I showed MB the video and she says "OK...so...what are you going to do with it now"?:cookoo:

Well...here's my answer to that: I'm gonna sit on the front porch of the Terminal and look across the lot at the K18 when she's not locked in the truck shop, I'm gonna drive her around some each week and show her off some, and I'm gonna take her to whatever Veterans events, car shows, and parades I can find time to participate in.

OH...and don't be surprised if she shows up at the Georgia Military Vehicle Rally again this year!!:naner::naner::naner:

Finally, my heartfelt thanks to my Brother...Dave....for all the hard work he has put in to get the truck to this point.:not worthy:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's just darn right awesome!! Congrats EVERYONE involved.....Hey Commander, wearing a uniform doesn't make one a Patriot.....but you already knew that......Patriotism comes from the heart.....So glad it went great......my hat's off to ya all!

zout

It was awesome to teach the neighbors of what it is and what it meant....there is the proof in pics.

Playing on the android cause ever since i posted the video i get a 503 ERROR SITE TEMP UNAVAILABLE.

cleaned.reset router. Restarted puter. Can access every site but SS to post up more pics of folks slopping down chow.

zout

Let me not forget.
I am proud to have larry and the CAMO crew as friends.
They make life worth living no matter what OR having a project or not.

turnkey

WOW...That is great stuff...Something like this can make ya,,,or break ya...I think in my humble opinon you a outstanding job...Well done.....So is todays special raspberry or strawberry ice cream???

zout

Thanks.....but in the pics above ya gotta ask Carl what it was he finally sucked off the bottom of that one gallon jug so intently he started gasping for air.

Might gave been blueberry all i know.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The K18 is still loaded on the trailer as I was planning on taking her to the GAMVPA thingy this Saturday but while looking at my calendar yesterday I realized that is MB's birthday!:shock:

Guess we will unload her today and maybe take a look and see about a plan for work benches to mount the radios on.

Also gotta get a muffler installed...gosh she is loud.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Alas.... Still chained, a captive on the trailer. You're probably not feeding it nor allowing RED CROSS packages to it either.

WE MUST START A CAMPAIGN - - -

FREE THE K-18C !!!

FREE THE K-18C !!!

FREE THE K-18C !!!

Carry on.
Now ya see John, it's all a matter of perception!

You see the K18-C as being abused, held captive, enslaved, chained and desiring her freedom.

I see her as being pampered and under protective custody!! See...her shoes (tires) can't get dirty on the trailer and the chains simply keep her from accidently rolling off the trailer and possibly causing harm to herself or some other unsuspecting vehicle.:roll:

As far as a Red Cross package, I've arranged to get her a new exhaust system installed next Tuesday. Gosh...what else could a 74yr old lady want?
:papabear:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks